Touch 2nd gen setup question concerning amp connectivity
Nov 25, 2008 at 7:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

kickedinthesun

New Head-Fier
My setup as of yesterday was my 5th gen Ipod-->Turob v15 LOD-->ibasso D3-->DT770/80 / SR-225. I was pretty content with my starter setup, but my Ipod officially bricked yesterday and I've decided to spring for a new 2nd gen Touch. I've been quite busy reading up today on the forums and for the life of me I can't figure out what I'm going to need to get a quality sounding setup. I can't seem to find a solution concerning LODs for the 2nd gen because the pin setup makes them hard to construct, aside from the LOD made sold by ALO. Unfortunately, that LOD is way out of my price range.

So here's where I need some advice. Do I use a mini to mini cable and go from my HP out to my D3? That just doesn't seem right. I want to bypass the internal amp and use a LOD to improve the sound quality, but I can't find a cheaper alternative (I'm thinking $50-$75). Is an amp even needed...I hear that the sound quality was vastly improved in the 2nd gen and I can connect my headphones directly to the HP out. I'm really looking for some connectivity suggestions. For all you 2nd gen touch owners out there, what are you using for your setup? Thanks a million everyone...I've really got to go outside and get some fresh air after spending so much time in front of the computer
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back