TOTL Headphones for Rock
Sep 25, 2021 at 5:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 61

WoollyGeezer

100+ Head-Fier
I'm a drummer and listen to a lot of rock.

Which headphone out of the TOTL list are great for rock music? I listen to a lot of Tool and similar music which requires a nauseating amount of separation to sound great.

I have tried a lot of headphones below 2k and am looking to spend whatever it takes. I currently love the Ananda for rock but the resolving ability isn't there for very busy tracks.

Dacs -Musician Pegasus, D70s Amp - Burson Soloist 3x

Unnecessary Edit:
I do occasionally pop on some EDM/Classic mixes like Lyndsey Sterling because I've always loved violin :D (tonality matters to me)

....cmon lcd5 reviews...

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2021 at 5:49 PM Post #2 of 61
Abyss AB1266 TC

Sep 25, 2021 at 5:55 PM Post #4 of 61
Everyone concurs.

If he's asking within application of production maybe not. Nothing more enjoyable though.

Sep 25, 2021 at 6:02 PM Post #5 of 61
Everyone concurs.

If he's asking within application of production maybe not. Nothing more enjoyable though.
Good enough for me.

I'll look into them. Have never dealt with any Abyss products. How are they as a company? I've always sworn by Crinnacle's reviews because his experiences greatly align with my own. He has never rated Abyss products highly.

I was looking into an LCD5 because it's new and shiny. (although my go-to acronym for new is never ever worked... plant mechanic here)

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2021 at 6:04 PM Post #6 of 61
Good enough for me.

I'll look into them. Have never dealt with any Abyss products. How are they as a company?

I was looking into an LCD5 because it's new and shiny. (although my go-to acronym for new is never ever worked... plant mechanic here)
I'll bet donuts we see a few LCD-5 driver failures promptly. They had I believe at least two LCD-R failures out of the limited 67. MEH.

You just won't find as satisfying bass from any headphone compared to TC. Solitaire P and D8K are nice. But not that ultimate.

Sep 25, 2021 at 6:05 PM Post #7 of 61
Sep 25, 2021 at 6:11 PM Post #9 of 61
How do they compare to something like the Susvara?
The TCs are better with everything except poorly recorded albums (like some low-fi black metal). The Susvaras are more forgiving with those type of albums

Users who are viewing this thread

Back