Total Bithead, Volume, and Clipping
May 13, 2004 at 6:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

ajaxx

New Head-Fier
Hi,

I have had my new "Total Bithead" for a couple of weeks now, and use the USB audio on both my laptop and my desktop. My software is Winamp 5, with EQ off and Winamp volume full-out. I've also maximized "Device Volume" in "Sounds and Audio Devices Properties". The Bithead pumps out plenty of volume, but 'clipping' begins about 2/3 of the way through the Bithead's volume control wheel. This occurs on both my laptop and desktop. The problem is most noticeable when playing Trance, but occurs with other forms of music too, e.g. rock and soul.

Is this a normal condition? Might there be a problem with the amp?

BTW, I am using new Senn HD-580s. I usually listen to trance, but the clipping occurs on other forms of music too.

Thanks

May 13, 2004 at 7:14 PM Post #2 of 4
You should post this on the Headroom forum. The folks at Headroom should be able to help you with your questions.

I have the TBH and experience no clipping issues using it via USB on my laptop. The amp also operates fine with my portable MD player. Clipping only occurred when I connected the TBH to my standalone CD player.

May 13, 2004 at 7:15 PM Post #3 of 4
Umm...think about the volume you're throwing at that thing...maxed output on both computer components? Of course it will clip!

May 13, 2004 at 8:30 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ticky
You should post this on the Headroom forum. The folks at Headroom should be able to help you with your questions.

Thanks, I didn't know that Headrooom had forums. I will post there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back