Toss-up between the RHA MA750, Shure SE215 or Trinity Audio Atlas Delta
Nov 2, 2016 at 7:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

Chyran

New Head-Fier
I bought a pair of Shure SE215 SPEs about a year ago, and I really loved the warm-ish sound signature of it, even though it was slightly on the bassy side. Unfortunately I lost them recently so I'm looking for a pair of new IEMs. After doing some research I've settled on either buying a new pair of SE215s (regular edition), or the MA750s, but after some more googling I stumbled upon Trinity Audio again, which look to be around the same price. The one thing that bothered me about the SE215s was the rather narrow soundstage, but I've never really tried any other pair of IEMs beside MEE's M6 Pros. I've also noticed that the MA750s don't have a detachable cable, which might be a dealbreaker for me depending on the overall build quality, I'm a very clumsy person and broke two pairs of M6 Pros before deciding to step it up and buy the Shures. I'm really intrigued by the Atlas Deltas, anyone have any thoughts on them? 

I listen to a lot of upbeat J-pop and K-pop as well as some EDM occasionally.

Nov 8, 2016 at 2:58 PM Post #2 of 28
I haven't found any real info on Trinity's Atlas Delta, though I pre-ordered it anyway hoping it bests my 1More Triple Driver (which I adore). However I find to be hard to wear for too long and none of the included tips actually fit my ear canals properly and I went back to my Comply tips.I got suckered into trying a pair at an audio festival and was sold. 

Nov 8, 2016 at 3:06 PM Post #3 of 28
I haven't found any real info on Trinity's Atlas Delta, though I pre-ordered it anyway hoping it bests my 1More Triple Driver (which I adore). However I find to be hard to wear for too long and none of the included tips actually fit my ear canals properly and I went back to my Comply tips.I got suckered into trying a pair at an audio festival and was sold. 

I considered the 1More Triple Drivers but I don't like the straight down style of IEMs, I find that they don't fit on my ear properly, as well as the lack of detachable cable; despite that, how's the overall SQ on the 1Mores? I have $100 Amazon.com credit and wouldn't hesitate to try them out if they're good.

Nov 8, 2016 at 4:16 PM Post #4 of 28
I considered the 1More Triple Drivers but I don't like the straight down style of IEMs, I find that they don't fit on my ear properly, as well as the lack of detachable cable; despite that, how's the overall SQ on the 1Mores? I have $100 Amazon.com credit and wouldn't hesitate to try them out if they're good.

Yeah, they are that kind and have a 3 button mic/remote dangling by the side of your head. Not an ideal config, but it works with surprisingly little annoyance for me. Sonically speaking, they are worth the try, and Amazon has a great return policy if you don't like them. For me, I'm not a huge basshead but because of the superb sub-bass (without sacrificing the mids or the highs too much) I've been giving them lots of time with Telefon Tel Aviv and Apparat. For my instrumental stuff they do okay, good enough for me but I keep re-selecting the bass-heavy tracks because really that's where they shine.

Nov 16, 2016 at 10:38 PM Post #5 of 28
How about Audio Technica ATH-IM50 and IM70? Those IEM's pretty much suited your preference but it has a little bit problem with isolation and comfort with small ears.
I own it I can say IM50 sounds great with J-POP (ClariS - Drop), EDM (Martin Garrix - Animal). Mid foward, great bass and sub bass extension, darkish background, average treble extension but it can be corrected with EQ.

Dec 10, 2016 at 9:08 PM Post #6 of 28
I bought a pair of Shure SE215 SPEs about a year ago, and I really loved the warm-ish sound signature of it, even though it was slightly on the bassy side. Unfortunately I lost them recently so I'm looking for a pair of new IEMs. After doing some research I've settled on either buying a new pair of SE215s (regular edition), or the MA750s, but after some more googling I stumbled upon Trinity Audio again, which look to be around the same price. The one thing that bothered me about the SE215s was the rather narrow soundstage, but I've never really tried any other pair of IEMs beside MEE's M6 Pros. I've also noticed that the MA750s don't have a detachable cable, which might be a dealbreaker for me depending on the overall build quality, I'm a very clumsy person and broke two pairs of M6 Pros before deciding to step it up and buy the Shures. I'm really intrigued by the Atlas Deltas, anyone have any thoughts on them? 

I listen to a lot of upbeat J-pop and K-pop as well as some EDM occasionally.

I have the Trinity Delta V2 and i can tell you that they're great for K-Pop and EDM, they also have a lot more detail than the regular SE215s.

The Trinity Atlas Delta was supposed to be the discontinued Delta V2 model sound signature on an discontinued Trinity Atlas shell (since the delta had a fit problem for some and the atlas was good at it but with a bassy signature).
Unfortunately, it was announced that the Atlas Delta changed its course and won't have the same drivers as the Delta V2 (it is now a 3-way hybrid), so it's now a mystery. I have pre-ordered them so i can only tell you about it when they arrive but i can report back to you 
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 9, 2017 at 6:55 AM Post #7 of 28

I have the Trinity Delta V2 and i can tell you that they're great for K-Pop and EDM, they also have a lot more detail than the regular SE215s.

The Trinity Atlas Delta was supposed to be the discontinued Delta V2 model sound signature on an discontinued Trinity Atlas shell (since the delta had a fit problem for some and the atlas was good at it but with a bassy signature).
Unfortunately, it was announced that the Atlas Delta changed its course and won't have the same drivers as the Delta V2 (it is now a 3-way hybrid), so it's now a mystery. I have pre-ordered them so i can only tell you about it when they arrive but i can report back to you 
smily_headphones1.gif

Pre ordered these as well; we'll see how they sound when they come.
Difficult to choose these days, since the hi-res thingy is also appearing more and more at the market these days. (1more triple is the example). These come with none less than 16 filters, so probably an ample choices for tweaking the sound.
Gravitating towards neutral sound signature, I am a bit wary of the basic sound signature of these; I am really hoping that these are not overly V-shaped soundwise.
In the end, even as sturdy and as well machine engineered as these are, and with detachable cable (it is a huge plus despite all) - it all comes to sound quality (in this case also sound per pound or dollar), so we'll se how these perform.

What bothers me these days is that the V-shaped, "fun" signature seems to have become the default at the consumer mid-fi or lower end market, and it is becoming a bit difficult to avoid. On the other hand, there is so much to choose from that the biggest obstacle in making the right choice is lack of availability locally for testing and hearing how particular headphone sound before making the purchase.

Jan 9, 2017 at 10:12 AM Post #8 of 28

Pre ordered these as well; we'll see how they sound when they come.
Difficult to choose these days, since the hi-res thingy is also appearing more and more at the market these days. (1more triple is the example). These come with none less than 16 filters, so probably an ample choices for tweaking the sound.
Gravitating towards neutral sound signature, I am a bit wary of the basic sound signature of these; I am really hoping that these are not overly V-shaped soundwise.
In the end, even as sturdy and as well machine engineered as these are, and with detachable cable (it is a huge plus despite all) - it all comes to sound quality (in this case also sound per pound or dollar), so we'll se how these perform.

What bothers me these days is that the V-shaped, "fun" signature seems to have become the default at the consumer mid-fi or lower end market, and it is becoming a bit difficult to avoid. On the other hand, there is so much to choose from that the biggest obstacle in making the right choice is lack of availability locally for testing and hearing how particular headphone sound before making the purchase.

The filters will allow you to put it as a v-shape and near neutral but not completely flat for sure. At least the Delta V-II had 7 filters and the sound would vary enough for you to settle with one or two choices.

But you have several iems that are not v-shaped. I love bassy iems, and if they're combined with emphasis on upper mids then it's perfect 
smily_headphones1.gif
 i don't think there is a name for this signature. My biggest problem when buying iems is their availability in Europe in order to avoid customs 
frown.gif

Jan 9, 2017 at 12:44 PM Post #9 of 28

The filters will allow you to put it as a v-shape and near neutral but not completely flat for sure. At least the Delta V-II had 7 filters and the sound would vary enough for you to settle with one or two choices.

But you have several iems that are not v-shaped. I love bassy iems, and if they're combined with emphasis on upper mids then it's perfect 
smily_headphones1.gif
 i don't think there is a name for this signature. My biggest problem when buying iems is their availability in Europe in order to avoid customs 
frown.gif

I would agree on availability in Europe, since, honestly, for us on the old continent it's a pain in the b...t ...

Then, near neutral and completely flat, well, wouldn't want to go into that territory, since I have strong remarks about today's adopted "popular culture" of what is preferable sound signature...
I don't know what bassy iems are (any longer) - due to the fact mentioned above (sound signatures prevalent today). Seems to me that most of the stuff, when even detailed and of decent quality soundwise (talking about IEs) is somewhat bassier than normal.

But You are right, there are neutral monitor in-ears, but usually then we are coming into the expensive territory / segment of the market. Which I might think is a bit sad (albeit I can see the reasons that that sort of fidelity is more difficult to achieve from the engineering and technology perspective) - having to pay extra for what - in my opinion should be the standard, not the exception.

Jan 13, 2017 at 10:00 AM Post #10 of 28

smily_headphones1.gif

How did you get on with the Trinity Atlas Delta?

Jan 24, 2017 at 3:07 PM Post #13 of 28
Guys just to notify you that i have cancelled my pre-order of the Atlas Delta. After trying the LZ A4 i feel i don't need anything else. I also predict it would be a different kind of flavor.
Good luck to whoever tries it 
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 24, 2017 at 3:16 PM Post #14 of 28
Ended up preordering a pair of Trinity Atlas Deltas before they go off sale price, it is a bit odd that I haven't been able to find much info about them around Head-fi though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back