500+ Head-Fier
I have the following setup:

Vizio 50" HDTV 
Toshiba 42" HDTV
Matrix Mini-I DAC
Macbook pro 2012

Scenario 1:

Toshiba TV -> TOSLINK out - > Matrix DAC
I tried using both the Toshiba and the Vizio HDTVs and I notice that connecting my Macbook to the TVs generates different results using SPDIF output from both TVs.
When I use the Toshiba TV, I get a 44.1 khz signal on the Matrix DAC, if I choose that from the Audio/MIDI setup and I can also switch this to 48 khz if I wish to.

Scenario 2:

Vizio TV -> TOSLINK out -> matrix DAC
 when I use the optical out from the Vizio, I only get a 48 khz input to the DAC, even when I choose 44.1khz output from the output options

How can I make the Vizio output a 44.1khz signal without resampling it to 48khz ?

Does anyone else have experience using a HDTV's optical/coax digital audio out into a DAC ? 

I am trying to find a HDTV that will not resample my signal to 48 kHz. 

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Oct 20, 2013 at 8:14 PM Post #2 of 4
  I have the following setup:
Vizio 50" HDTV 
Toshiba 42" HDTV
Matrix Mini-I DAC
Macbook pro 2012
Scenario 1:
Toshiba TV -> TOSLINK out - > Matrix DAC
I tried using both the Toshiba and the Vizio HDTVs and I notice that connecting my Macbook to the TVs generates different results using SPDIF output from both TVs.
When I use the Toshiba TV, I get a 44.1 khz signal on the Matrix DAC, if I choose that from the Audio/MIDI setup and I can also switch this to 48 khz if I wish to.
Scenario 2:
Vizio TV -> TOSLINK out -> matrix DAC
 when I use the optical out from the Vizio, I only get a 48 khz input to the DAC, even when I choose 44.1khz output from the output options
How can I make the Vizio output a 44.1khz signal without resampling it to 48khz ?
Does anyone else have experience using a HDTV's optical/coax digital audio out into a DAC ? 
I am trying to find a HDTV that will not resample my signal to 48 kHz. 
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Is there a problem with just using the 48Khz?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back