Toshiba 3950 Hillarious posting on Audioasylum
Mar 30, 2004 at 2:30 AM Post #2 of 25
That's hilarious, humor which applies to my audiophile tendencies. I want to see stuff like this on head-fi (err. . .mabye not).

Cheers,
Geek

Mar 30, 2004 at 3:16 AM Post #5 of 25
oh lordy...

i lurk there sometimes and that toshiba craze is nuts.

funny stuff.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 30, 2004 at 3:35 AM Post #6 of 25
Man, too bad for that guy they won't let him return his burger stained player! I bet he can find a buyer though
tongue.gif

Mar 30, 2004 at 3:39 AM Post #7 of 25
Now that was funny. Thanks for the link Raul. It was very well done, and the writer deserves some kind of creativity award. That spaghetti noodle thing was spot on.

Mar 30, 2004 at 5:07 AM Post #8 of 25
Quote:

Originally posted by ServinginEcuador
Now that was funny. Thanks for the link Raul. It was very well done, and the writer deserves some kind of creativity award. That spaghetti noodle thing was spot on.

Yes, I just got through implementing some of the mods (had to sub jasmine for basmati), and I agree, the spaghetti was a stroke of genius!! The bass is definitely the Toshiba's weakest point. Off to try the same mods on the Pioneer 563 to so I can rematch!

I must PM Tuberoller so I can update my review of the 3950!!!

Mar 30, 2004 at 6:15 PM Post #10 of 25
Quote:

Originally posted by rsaavedr
Maybe some people here already saw it, but I wanted to share the link just in case, this is truly hilarious class A+:

http://www.audioasylum.com/audio/dig...ges/83859.html

That's a very funny post!

But what's scary (to me, anyway) are some of the other 3950 tweak threads, because I honestly can't tell if they are serious or not. Like the one about the player sounding better flipped upside down. Or the one about little mini sandbags deployed inside the player in various spots. Please tell me that those people are joking, too!

Mar 30, 2004 at 7:14 PM Post #11 of 25
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
I'm typing this lying on the floor
biggrin.gif

Mar 30, 2004 at 7:32 PM Post #12 of 25
Quote:

Originally posted by Earwax
Or the one about little mini sandbags deployed inside the player in various spots. Please tell me that those people are joking, too!

They aren't joking. However, the sand absolutely has to come from a particular stretch of beach on the west coast of Africa, or the sonics just won't be right. The cost of importing the sand raises the US price a great deal.

very_evil_smiley.gif

Mar 30, 2004 at 8:24 PM Post #14 of 25
The 3960 is being discussed nearly as much, there's plenty of owners of them there already.

Mar 30, 2004 at 8:32 PM Post #15 of 25
Quote:

Originally posted by Sean H
The 3960 is being discussed nearly as much, there's plenty of owners of them there already.

Heh. I was in Best Buy today and they had an open box unit for $50. I couldn't help myself...
tongue.gif

[size=xx-small]Where did they say to put the sandbags? [/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back