Toronto winter meet? [interest check]
Dec 27, 2011 at 12:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 74

BMWWW

Head-Fier
Hi folks, 

Haven't seen your lovely faces ever since my last attendance at a meet, wouldn't mind hosting a meet at the new place.

I'm posting a feeler for now because I start my new job on the 15th, and will have to see how that pans out in terms of schedule, but the meet will definitely be on the weekend (most likely a Sunday afternoon).

Location is a bit of an issue to reach my house--not really accessible by transit, though the Go-train station is 10 minutes away by car, and the subway + Viva will take you within a 5 minute drive to my house. I'm north of the city in Richmond Hill. CLICK ME FOR MAP

I'm not a builder of rigs, so I won't have anything for raffle, but I've got a lot of holiday spirit, space, plugs, 'stations' on the main floor, and can surely supply some social lubrication, if you catch my drift. :wink:

So post up if you are able to get yourself to my location, and I'll plan further towards the end of January.

Dec 28, 2011 at 2:08 PM Post #3 of 74
I would love to come, only problem is I'm in Ottawa, until mid-Feb. Depending on the date I think I could make it.

Dec 28, 2011 at 10:58 PM Post #4 of 74
I would definately love to tend. Would be my first time and I think it would be awesome to meet some fellow head-fiers!

Dec 31, 2011 at 6:05 AM Post #5 of 74
I'm interested if someone's willing to carpool.

Dec 31, 2011 at 3:06 PM Post #6 of 74
That's a bit out there, but should be accessible via public transit.

As for GO Transit, the train only goes northbound during weekday afternoon rush hour, though there is an hourly bus.

I wonder if anyone can bring a Sennheiser IE8 to the meet, since I'd like to compare it against my CX980.

Jan 2, 2012 at 3:55 AM Post #8 of 74
Id go, if I find a apartment for rent in Toronto lol, but I do not have much audio gear here in Canada, mostly in Russia =(   P.S.: Bit off topic: I would also buy an amp for the HD800 and my T1's if anyone is selling one in Toronto =P

Jan 5, 2012 at 7:05 PM Post #13 of 74
Count me in!

Jan 8, 2012 at 12:00 PM Post #14 of 74
I'm in. And I can provide carpool for people close to me ( Im in north york around bayview finch). Could someone here bring your Stax to the meeting? really want to listen to them. cheers

Jan 11, 2012 at 6:07 PM Post #15 of 74

Quote:
I would love to come, only problem is I'm in Ottawa, until mid-Feb. Depending on the date I think I could make it.

Shouldn't be a problem, since my birthday's mid-February. I'll likely be aiming for a date in March.

Subscribe to the thread, and keep an eye out for updates!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back