toronto tube headphone amp service?
Sep 6, 2009 at 2:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

mugtastic

Head-Fier
i followed the thread on the little dot mkIII when it was being introduced and bought one.
i love the sound but it has had varying degrees of static in the right channel. it was better for a while but now it's pretty bad.

does anyone have the name of a shop in toronto that might be able to give a look? thanks for any help.

Sep 7, 2009 at 7:23 AM Post #2 of 9
i won't bump this forever but hopefully someone sees this that can point me in the right direction.

Sep 7, 2009 at 3:10 PM Post #3 of 9
I've heard Capsule Music (921 Queen Street West) will repair guitar tube amps. I wonder if they can help with a headphone amp? I don't see why not.

Also, contact Dan at warmcopper.com. Maybe he can help. I bought my Rotel amp from him, and he's a fantastic guy.

A fellow head-fier on these boards may be able to fix your amp for you, even if it has to be shipped elsewhere.

Hope this helps!

Sep 7, 2009 at 7:26 PM Post #4 of 9
thanks - capsule built a guitar for me recently and they're right around the corner - i'll give a call.

Sep 8, 2009 at 8:06 PM Post #5 of 9
capsule directed me to ring audio - thanks for the help.

Sep 9, 2009 at 2:40 AM Post #6 of 9
Sweet! No prob!

Sep 10, 2009 at 1:41 AM Post #7 of 9
I just noticed Parts ConneXion has a repair/mod shop. They might be able to fix it. I think they are in Burlington.

I've ordered from them a lot without any trouble but have never used their repair shop.

I hope this helps.

Sep 11, 2009 at 6:32 PM Post #8 of 9
Try cleaning the tube pins or changing the tube pair out with a new set before taking it to a repair shop...it may simply be a bad power tube or driver tube (dirty pins)....best to check tubes first with known good sets before taking that next and very expensive step.

IMO at least. If you have already swapped tubes and you still have issues then by all means take it to a tech and forget what I said
smily_headphones1.gif

Peete.

Jan 6, 2011 at 5:41 PM Post #9 of 9

Quote:
capsule directed me to ring audio - thanks for the help.

We repair all manner of audio gear including tube equipment.  I hope you got the service you needed!

For anybody else needing service (including headphones) check www.ringaudio.com for info.

We are now at 17 Carlaw, unit 6, but still repairing all manner of audio gear, including headphones

Users who are viewing this thread

Back