Toronto Meet - Sunday April 8th
Mar 9, 2012 at 5:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 141

FallenAngel

Headphoneus Supremus
Hey guys,

With consent from BMWWW, I'm taking over hosting of this meet. The date is set for Sunday, April 8th between noon and 6pm at the party room.

The preliminary thread is located here.

There is free visitor parking on the first level of the garage (space is rather limited but just drive in, park and get a visitor pass to put on your tashboard from security), a few spots beside the building on the side facing Yonge st (double check the signs though, might be during specific time), there is also a parking lot behind Shoppers that is paid.

Same details as the last few meets:

There is no strict entrance fee, but I will be holding a raffle at $5/ticket for a DIY build of mine, details to come later.  Please participate for a ticket or few to help cover the costs of organizing the meet (mostly cost of party room rental and scotch) and maybe you'll end up taking a nice prize home.  If others would like to donate something to be raffled off, that is always appreciated.

As always, bring power bars - there are never enough!  Expect to not have too much table space, but we'll do the best we can.

If anybody is a photographer, it would be great to bring a camera and take photos, always fun! :)

There will be a small bar at one end of the room, away from the equipment tables.  I will have some good scotch for people to enjoy (I'm a huge fan of scotch and it's always a pleasure to share), beyond that it's a BYOB event and I welcome (and greatly encourage) any connoisseurs and other appreciators of drinks to bring something for us to taste as well, it would be very much appreciated.  Of course, bear in mind that this is a HEADPHONE meet with quite a bit of equipment, and is to be treated as such (well... that's usually the plan, though experience teaches us that after a few hours of enjoying music, people tend to enjoy drinks and conversation more).  I have not had any problems with having a small bar at the previous 10 or so meets, I expect this guideline to continue, please aim to keep it this way.  As a general rule regarding drinks - keep it at the bar or in your hand, NEVER on an equipment table.

Please reply if you can make it, it would be great to see everybody there.  Please mention what gear you'd like to bring and I'll have a list here.

Guest List (18 going, 6 maybe)

FallenAngel
Rumbleripper (maybe)
cdnaudiophile
spekkio
swatcsi (maybe)
happywater
Puffery
monoglycer
obzilla
321-Gone (maybe)
izeekio
exer (maybe)
charliex
colgatetotal
Anathallo (maybe)
Zida
torontoraccoon
Chris J
Namkung (maybe)
bmwww +1
neddamttocs +1
shuang1234

Mar 9, 2012 at 6:27 PM Post #2 of 141
I will likely be there if my schedule permits.
I should be able to bring a bottle or two of some single malt scotch also.

Thanks for offering to host the event. This will me my first headphone meet and am really looking forward to it.

Rumble.

Mar 9, 2012 at 7:11 PM Post #3 of 141
I will definitely be making it out to the meet and buying at least a few raffle tickets to help out.

Mar 9, 2012 at 10:19 PM Post #5 of 141
Im able to come, and will bring whatever is in my signature under 'Home'.

Mar 10, 2012 at 12:55 AM Post #9 of 141
I will be there and for sure, a few tickets.
My rigs to come:
T1 ED8 ESW10
Ear 909
Any one willing to bring a good cd player to the meeting? I have some rare esoteric sacd to share.
If no cd player to come, I will probably bring my rotel.

Mar 11, 2012 at 1:19 PM Post #12 of 141
I'm in for sure. And put me down for some raffle tickets as well, happy to contribute.
I'll be bringing 

W4S DAC2
Liquid Fire, GES
LCD2r2, Stax 007 mkII

And a macbook.

Mar 11, 2012 at 2:05 PM Post #13 of 141
I'll most likely (90%) be there. I can bring my HE-6 with the balanced Beta 22 I made. I can also bring my buffalo 2 dac and laptop. I just wonder if there'll be enough space for it all. I am also making the beta 24 at the moment. If that is done, I may be able to bring that in lieu of the beta 22.  Thanks for organizing the meet FallenAngel. Another thanks to BMWWW for the idea. 

Mar 12, 2012 at 12:35 PM Post #14 of 141
Will be there, minimal gear, but here to learn.

Mar 13, 2012 at 2:17 AM Post #15 of 141
Hoping to be there depending on the time. I don't have much, MTPC is the best I have so I'll bring those. Mostly there to listen to some great headphones and see some awesome rigs in the flesh!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back