Toronto Meet : August 12th
Aug 14, 2012 at 12:36 AM Post #92 of 100
Quote:

I'll get right on it
biggrin.gif

Aug 14, 2012 at 2:24 AM Post #93 of 100
Quote:
And dare I ask what are you thinking about upgrading to??
And thanks for the pictures, they are always appreciated by all

Well Ive got the headphones with the sound i like, now i need to get a better dac and amp.

Definitely like the arcam rdac as it has an attachment for the ipad so it can play through it, also looking for new amp. no idea where to go with that yet.

I also liked the sound of the dac amp combo you had of (i forget the DAC) and Headroom old school amp. 

EDIT: This is also looking interesting:zhttp://en.auneaudio.com/html/en_products/NewDesign/T-Series/T1_TUBE_USB_DAC/

Aug 14, 2012 at 12:24 PM Post #94 of 100
Yep.
Awesome meet.
biggrin.gif

I enjoyed meeting all of you and listening to your gear.
redface.gif

Mr X.  I think I have found the secret of the Electrostats!  They have no treble peak!
At first they sounded boring, then I realized, hey man, no treble spike to get used to!
There may be a Stax 2050 or 2070 in my future........

C.J.

Aug 14, 2012 at 12:53 PM Post #95 of 100
Quote:

Mr X.  I think I have found the secret of the Electrostats!  They have no treble peak!
At first they sounded boring, then I realized, hey man, no treble spike to get used to!

I think you may be onto something here for me...I found them incredibly boring but I will keep what you have said in mind...might be why I was never enamored by stax...

Aug 14, 2012 at 4:19 PM Post #96 of 100
Quote:
There may be a Stax 2050 or 2070 in my future........

C.J.

Aha! - the secret is now out
wink.gif

Aug 14, 2012 at 5:13 PM Post #97 of 100
Quote:

I think you may be onto something here for me...I found them incredibly boring but I will keep what you have said in mind...might be why I was never enamored by stax...

Yes, I heard the Stax at the meet this past Easter and walked away saying "SO???? What's the big deal???"
Sometimes I think we are addicted to the distortion and the frequency response aberations!
Anyway, this is starting to sound like the Science Forum (shudder!).

Basically, last Sunday the Stax sound was starting to come together for me......................and I should know better as I listen to Electrostat speakers at home.
redface.gif

Aug 15, 2012 at 11:49 AM Post #99 of 100
Looks like you all had a great meet.  Hopefully I can make [or possibly host] the next one.  Nice pictures as well. :)

Aug 21, 2012 at 6:21 AM Post #100 of 100
Definately looks as if a great time was had by all.  Next year I will have to make the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back