Toronto GTA Meet January 2017 with Cayin!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 4, 2017 at 7:41 PM Post #46 of 95
I have a he-6 as well, currently using the xlr to banana plug on my sony haps1 speaker out. Depending on how I my modding goes, I'll be either both the he-6 and zmf eikon or just the eikon and the speaker taps. 

I'm currently in the process of buying a nice  used speaker tube integrated amp for the he-6. So I'll probably be bring that as well along with my sony music server.

Jan 4, 2017 at 10:54 PM Post #47 of 95
I'm in. I'll bring Schiit Bifrost Multibit and Magni 2 Uber stack (with Wyred4sound recovery).

Really interested in listening to the Bimby! I've been thinking about getting the Schiit Jotunheim so I could get a balanced out amp (the cable for my MrSpeakers Ether C is balanced w/ 4pin XLR), but been weighing either the internal DAC add-on (dual AK4490 chips) for a bargain $100, or going with the Bimby or Mimby instead. Really want to hear the Schiit multibit experience to see whether I can hear a difference, but not easy to hear Schiit products in Canada!

Hopefully someone out there has a 4pin XLR female -> 1/4" male converter so I can take a listen through your Magni 2U? 

Jan 5, 2017 at 6:12 AM Post #48 of 95
Really interested in listening to the Bimby! I've been thinking about getting the Schiit Jotunheim so I could get a balanced out amp (the cable for my MrSpeakers Ether C is balanced w/ 4pin XLR), but been weighing either the internal DAC add-on (dual AK4490 chips) for a bargain $100, or going with the Bimby or Mimby instead. Really want to hear the Schiit multibit experience to see whether I can hear a difference, but not easy to hear Schiit products in Canada!

Hopefully someone out there has a 4pin XLR female -> 1/4" male converter so I can take a listen through your Magni 2U? 

I've just pulled a trigger on Modi Multibit as well and I should be bringing that one as well. Might buy Jotunheim too. I'm trying to settle with either Mimbi/Magni 2 Uber or Bimby/Jot stack.

Jan 5, 2017 at 3:17 PM Post #49 of 95
I've just pulled a trigger on Modi Multibit as well and I should be bringing that one as well. Might buy Jotunheim too. I'm trying to settle with either Mimbi/Magni 2 Uber or Bimby/Jot stack.

Awesome! Are you buying directly from Schiit? I'd be curious to know how the customs fees end up being if so. Will catch up with you live at the meet.

Also, not sure if you're following the Jotunheim thread, but Mike Moffat from Schiit (baldr) recently dropped a hint that an upgrade to Bifrost MB may be coming. Don't want to fan the rumor flame, but there's a chance that Bifrost goes balanced, as right now there isn't really a reason to go Bimby over Mimby... Only benefit is modular upgradeability, which probably isn't worth the difference in price. 

A balanced Bifrost would give allow for a nice same-sized stack with the Jotunheim where you can get balanced and multi-bit at the same time (without going Gungnir / Mjolnir 2).

Jan 5, 2017 at 4:19 PM Post #50 of 95
Hi Everyone,

The attendance list has been updated!  If you aren't on it, I'm sorry I missed you and please send me a PM so I can add you.

Also, there was death (my wifes Uncle) in the family Jan 3rd so I'm not entirely sure what is going with that...  Anyway, I was wondering if the weekend before (That would be January 21nd) works for everyone?

I know we already have 20+ people attending so it is nuts to to and move it now but is it at all possible that the 22nd works for everyone?  

I'll send a PM to everyone and see if it works for everyone. 

Jan 5, 2017 at 7:47 PM Post #51 of 95
Just confirmed attendance with Paul.
I'll be driving from Bolton, so can pick up someone on the way or carpool with someone from the area.
Cheers.

Jan 8, 2017 at 12:54 PM Post #52 of 95
Guys. Just picked up a vintage sansui au717 to drive the HE6. I don't have the banana plugs yet but should have them by the meet.
That said, I am not likely to bring the stax gig, way too much stuff and the sansui itself is 45 lbs. siding with the HE6 setup because I counting on Bryan to bring his stax gig (hint hint) and want to share a gig that's supposed to bring out the best of the he6

Jan 8, 2017 at 1:41 PM Post #53 of 95
Guys. Just picked up a vintage sansui au717 to drive the HE6. I don't have the banana plugs yet but should have them by the meet.
That said, I am not likely to bring the stax gig, way too much stuff and the sansui itself is 45 lbs. siding with the HE6 setup because I counting on Bryan to bring his stax gig (hint hint) and want to share a gig that's supposed to bring out the best of the he6

I just picked up a vintage mcintosh m2505 to drive my he-6. I already have banana plugs but I need spade to banana adapter for it to work. The headphone out drives the 6 suprisingly well, but distortion is still evident when the pot pasts 12 0clock. The sound coming out is already quite impressive, and I feel like most headphones will sound great through it.

Jan 8, 2017 at 2:51 PM Post #54 of 95
Hi Everyone,

Okay, basically everyone is good with Saturday the 21st!  Thank you all so much for being so understanding and accommodating: I really, REALLY appreciate that.

I have the room booked, a whole wack of power bars en route from Amazon so there will be plenty of power outlets.  I also have a list of all the supplies good to get (pop, chips, cups, ice and so on) so I think we are all set!

I am also working on getting wifi for the room for those that use a streaming service for music.

The Cayin stack also arrived this week!

It's actually much better sounding and better looking than I expected.  This is a very seriously nice rig and the two have a real synergy together.  Those that are on the loaner list are in for a real treat.

I will be sending out contact information, a map and parking details to everyone via PM this week.

I'm so looking forward to seeing everyone!!

-Paul

Jan 8, 2017 at 3:04 PM Post #55 of 95
Nice that there could be wifi.
my sony music server has spotify integration, so if anyone with spotify premium can stream music to my dac. And if you install the companion app, you can upload music to the  500 gb hdd in the server.

Jan 8, 2017 at 10:24 PM Post #56 of 95
Hey fellow headfiers  -  looking forward to the meet.  It will no doubt be awesome, thanks to Paul's generosity and labour!
smily_headphones1.gif

If anyone is coming from thee Barrie/Innisfil region I'm more than willing to help out with the drive.
If you can get to my place, I'll do the driving with my car.  Actually it would be a great benefit to me what with my health issues.
Anyways,  the offer is there..... and I look forward to seeing you all there.
Bryan

Jan 8, 2017 at 11:23 PM Post #57 of 95
I've already told you Paul that I may not be able to make the 21st.

I'll try, but no promises.

Bryan (@charliex) I'll try.

If I can make it and have a ride, I'll try to bring down some new stuff (Dynalo MK2, Transconductance and maybe Soekris DAC if it arrives in time) but I might not have a ride down so a subway ride means no equipment.

Whether I can make it or not, I hope you guys have an amazing meet! Cheers!

Jan 10, 2017 at 2:29 PM Post #60 of 95
Did some juggling with my work on call schedule so I'll be there!
I'll bring the monster McIntosh MXA70 (same as MHA100 bit includes the McIntosh speakers) with Senn HD800 plus the AK300 with the HE400i & Shure SE846.
If anyone is interested in the Naim DAC-V1, which is an awesome DAC/HP Amp, let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back