Toronto GTA Meet January 2017 with Cayin!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 16, 2016 at 1:46 PM Post #31 of 95
  List of gear:

xDuoo X3 (Rockboxed) with Meier Audio Quickstep
iBasso iT03
Geek Pulse X Infinity
DIY All Aluminum Magnum 4
Hifiman HE6
Stax SR007 MK1 (maybe, not going to if Bryan brings his big guns to the meet)
KGSS (maybe, not going to if Bryan brings his big guns to the meet)

Please do regardless of what Bryan surprises us with :)

Dec 18, 2016 at 12:30 PM Post #32 of 95
List of gear:

xDuoo X3 (Rockboxed) with Meier Audio Quickstep
iBasso iT03
Geek Pulse X Infinity
DIY All Aluminum Magnum 4
Hifiman HE6
Stax SR007 MK1 (maybe, not going to if Bryan brings his big guns to the meet)
KGSS (maybe, not going to if Bryan brings his big guns to the meet)

Great, one of the surprised demo for the Cayin stack is HE6, I was wandering if there is any chance to demo this setup to GTA friends, really looking forward to the event now. :p

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Dec 26, 2016 at 6:46 PM Post #36 of 95
Would be great to meet rhydon in person. Still rocking my diy v4 and loving it.

Dec 28, 2016 at 10:48 AM Post #37 of 95
Hello Everyone!

I'm hosting a Head-Fi meet in January 2017, the date right now is tentative but it will be a Saturday in January. 

It is tentatively schedule for January 28th, 2017.

This meet will take place in the party room of my condo at Church and Wellesley from 12pm - 6pm so there is easy subway access and there is parking in the building.

I don't think there is a cost to use the party room, but if there is I will cover it.  I will also provide pop, finger foods and a bottle of single malt so there will be no shortage of goodies!

The general guideline are the usual and are as follows:

General guidelines :

Be sensible, and don't be an jerk.

DO NOT wear cologne or hair products (obviously).

DO NOT have food or drinks beside the equipment, keep it at the bar.

DO NOT take equipment of headphones off a table without prior permission from the owner if you'd like to try it with another system.

DO bring some booze to share. I will usually bring down a bottle of Scotch and maybe a bottle of wine.

DO make sure to respond to this message if you would like to come. For security reasons, you'll need to give your name to the security office before you can enter the room.
DO bring some gear if you can, we'd all love to hear it.

Please let me know if you are thinking of attending so I can start a list so I know how much stuff to get.  I will also firm up the date quickly.

Now what is SPECIAL about this is meet is the Cayin is sending me their new iDAC-6 & iHA-6 so that will be there for audition.  Further to that Cayin is letting us GTA folk keep the setup for a few months so that whoever wants can take it home for a home audition for a week or so!  

If you are interested in taking home the iDAC-6 & iHA-6, let me know below just so I can arrange everything.  THERE IS NO COST TO THIS. 

Attendees so far:
@ErnestPoland

@ambchang

@charliex

@greyhorse

@PrimeNexus

@tylerchris

@FallenAngel

@monoglycer

@MickeyVee

@Zida

@kanadarox

@RobinK

@Roen

@cs098

@PeterPangea

Schedule for the Cayin  stack:
@charliex

@PrimeNexus

@tylerchris

@Zida

@cs098

Please let me know via PM or posting below if A) you want to come to the meet and B) if you want to borrow the iDAC-6 & iHA-6.  Please note you can do either or, they are not mutually exclusive! 

Thanks guys and I'm looking forward to seeing you all!

-Paul

Paulie!!!

Hey! This is such great news and I would love to be added to the list for the head fi meet. Can't splurge on the Cayin DAC cause I recently bought/ordered the Woo Audio WA8 and LCD XC's as a package deal, so my wallet surely must take a breather.
Anyhow, would love to come and feel free to PM me to get the additional condo info. :)

Gear I shall bring.

Woo Audio WA 8 (Eclipse with Stock Tubes.)
The Sub PAC ( Portable Tactile subwoofer. )
Sony MDR Z7's with Kimber Kable upgrade ( these headphones will surprise a lot of you! )
ASTELL&KERN (AK JR loaded with with excellent audio recordings ranging from 24/192k to 16/44k)
LCD XC's ( I honestly feel these are one of the very best closed back headphones you can buy right now. Sound incredible with the WA8. :)

Look forward to seeing you all!

Dec 28, 2016 at 10:54 AM Post #38 of 95
I'm in. I'll bring my LCD-XC again but I don't think I'll bring my equipment unless someone wants to give me a lift from Scarborough. It's too much to lug on the TTC.

Ahhh a fellow XC owner. :)
Very cool. Ok. I won't bring mine. I will bring the Blue Mofi's instead. :wink:

Dec 28, 2016 at 11:07 PM Post #39 of 95
is your xc the 2016 version? I heard the older variant which I thought wasn't that good, but the 2016 ver is supposed to be very good.
I think if they are different versions, it could be interesting to bring both.

Dec 29, 2016 at 11:04 AM Post #40 of 95
is your xc the 2016 version? I heard the older variant which I thought wasn't that good, but the 2016 ver is supposed to be very good.
I think if they are different versions, it could be interesting to bring both.

I think it might. :)

I believe the Driver models have been updated and that is the main difference between the 2013/14 v.s 2016 LCD XC factory releases.
There could be some sonic differences but I doubt it. Worth an A/B test though. :wink:

Dec 29, 2016 at 8:50 PM Post #41 of 95
I'm in. I'll bring Schiit Bifrost Multibit and Magni 2 Uber stack (with Wyred4sound recovery).

Dec 30, 2016 at 9:13 AM Post #42 of 95
Wow!  I never expected this kind of interesting in attending the meet!!  Thanks, guys - this is amazing!

I *think* I sent everyone a PM and the list should be up to date.  So, if I missed you, I'm sorry - it's not personal - Just let me know and I'll fix it :)

We are at 21 (including me) people so far and I think the room has a maximum capacity but I will have to check.  

So excited for the meet!!  It's going to be awesome!!  

Jan 4, 2017 at 4:40 PM Post #45 of 95
If anybody has an integrated amplifier and a 4-pin xlr (female) to banana plug converter to power my HE6, please bring it along.  I am in search of a vintage amp right now, but damn those things are expensive, I am not sure if I can land a good deal before the meet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back