Toronto GTA Meet January 2017 with Cayin!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 4, 2016 at 9:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 95

bigfatpaulie

Headphoneus Supremus
Hello Everyone!

I'm hosting a Head-Fi meet on January 21st 2017, the date is now official!!

It is OFFICIALLY scheduled for January 21th, 2017.

This meet will take place in the party room of my condo at Church and Wellesley from 12pm - 4pm so there is easy subway access and there is parking in the building.

There is no cost to attend.  I will also provide pop, finger foods and a bottle of single malt so there will be no shortage of goodies!

There will be Wi-Fi access in the room for those that use a streaming service.

The general guideline are the usual and are as follows:

General guidelines :
Be sensible, and don't be an jerk.
DO NOT wear cologne or hair products (obviously).
DO NOT have food or drinks beside the equipment, keep it at the bar.
DO NOT take equipment of headphones off a table without prior permission from the owner if you'd like to try it with another system.

You must be on the list to attend for security reasons.  If you are NOT listed below and want to attend, please PM me!

DO bring some booze to share. I will usually bring down a bottle of Scotch and maybe a bottle of wine.
DO make sure to respond to this message if you would like to come. For security reasons, you'll need to give your name to the security office before you can enter the room.
DO bring some gear if you can, we'd all love to hear it.

Please let me know if you are thinking of attending so I can start a list so I know how much stuff to get.  I will also firm up the date quickly.

Now what is SPECIAL about this is meet is the Cayin is sending me their new iDAC-6 & iHA-6 so that will be there for audition.  Further to that Cayin is letting us GTA folk keep the setup for a few months so that whoever wants can take it home for a home audition for a week or so!  
 ​

​
 ​

If you are interested in taking home the iDAC-6 & iHA-6, let me know below just so I can arrange everything.  THERE IS NO COST TO THIS. 

Attendees so far:

ambchang
canonlp
charliex
Clsmooth391
cs098
FallenAngel
Funkehed
Gozzer
greyhorse
ilcg1
k4rstar
kanadarox
Keon
KwyjiboVenneri
Loligagger
monoglycer
nephilim32
PeterPangea
PrimeNexus
Rhydon
RobinK
tylerchris
Zida

Schedule for the Cayin  stack:
@charliex
@PrimeNexus
@tylerchris
@Zida
@cs098

Please let me know via PM or posting below if A) you want to come to the meet and B) if you want to borrow the iDAC-6 & iHA-6.  Please note you can do either or, they are not mutually exclusive! 

Thanks guys and I'm looking forward to seeing you all!

-Paul

Dec 4, 2016 at 12:53 PM Post #2 of 95
I am interested. Looking forward for a date to be announced. Hopefully it will be saturday :wink:

Dec 4, 2016 at 5:11 PM Post #4 of 95
Thanks for orgnanzing. I would love to try the cayin as I am looking for a side grade for my geek pulse x infinity just to try something new.

How's the parking in the area?

Dec 4, 2016 at 5:12 PM Post #5 of 95
There is guest parking in the building so it is a non-issue 
beerchug.gif

Dec 4, 2016 at 5:33 PM Post #7 of 95
Hey Paul - thanks for taking on such an awesome task - running a headphone meet can be quite a challenge .... but when it all comes together - awesome tunes and good friends,  it doesn't get any better.
I will do my best to be there (all depends on my COPD) - and YES, I would LOVE to get a loan of the new iDAC-6 & iHA-6,  time to look at some 'newer' gear for my dynamics.

Dec 5, 2016 at 2:32 AM Post #9 of 95
Cayin would like to extend our sincere appreciation to bigfatpaulie's support and we are looking forwards to the GTA Meet impressions.

I have received several requests from Canada HeadFier when I organize the US Tour for the Cayin iDAC-6 and iHA-6 combo, and I promised to check out the Canada feasibility as soon as I finish the US tour. Now that we are on the final leg in the US tour, we hope we can still making it on time. :beerchug:

By the way, GTA has picked the best possible day to organize the Meet because 28th January 2017 is Chinese New Year day, Cayin will be honored to have a GTA event on this special day in our history. :gs1000smile:

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Dec 5, 2016 at 9:13 AM Post #10 of 95
Awesome! Thanks for hosting @bigfatpaulie! I'll be there, will bring my MrSpeakers Ether C's (v1.1, non-Flows), JH Angie's, Centrance HiFi-M8 and HiFi-Skyn.

Would also like to put my name down for Cayin home audition! Looking forward to it! Thanks @Andykong for the loaner - will definitely post detailed impressions. 

Dec 5, 2016 at 9:52 AM Post #11 of 95
Awesome! 

So happy to have you folks as part of the meet!  I sent each of you a PM and there will be more details closer too (like directions, etc).

I have also added your names to the attendees list and for those interested in the Cayin stack I added you there, too.  It looks like it is shaping up to be a great meet!!  

Dec 7, 2016 at 10:37 AM Post #15 of 95
Thank you Paul for hosting!  Count me in for the meet. It will be great to see everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back