Torn between MEE CC51 and FA Silver Bullet for metal music, other recommendations welcome
Jan 2, 2012 at 6:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

adamm24680

New Head-Fier
I am planning to buy a new pair of IEMs, I've done some research on the forums, and for now, out of <100$ range IEMs I selected these two. I am using iPod Touch 4g as my player. My most played genres are metal, film score, electronic. I am aware of the fact, that getting an universal earphone can be difficult, so my priority is their performance in melodic death, symphonic, and power metal.

My main problem is that I have trouble describing what kind of sound signature I want. I do require some bass for sure, I used Nuforce Ne-6 for some time before, the bass was nice, but overall I felt it lacked something, so I decided to find a new set. Currently I am using a borrowed Klipsch S4, and this the exact type of sound I would NOT like. Most irritating thing about it is the sybillance, which makes me reluctant to buy CC51.
I also used ADDIEM for some time, I liked their presentation, especially the mids, I found them way too lacking in bass.

So now, I am considering MEE CC51, as a few people recommended them for metal, and Fischer Audio Silver Bullet, mostly for their bass, and upfront midrange. I would be grateful for any comparisons between these two, as well as other recommendations in that price range.

Jan 3, 2012 at 7:24 AM Post #3 of 3
CC51 has recessed mids. Extremely VFM if you can get them <$40. Sound detailing is amazing for the price. Sound signature is warm and fun.

But I don't listen to metal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back