Tor Audio Headphone Amps.
Jul 2, 2018 at 5:00 PM Post #3 of 209
Oct 8, 2018 at 11:33 AM Post #7 of 209
Anyway, Zeos aside, has ANYONE any experience with Tor Audio headphone amps? I'd also like to know, and I'm sure there's plenty of other curious tube fans.

I emailed them once asking if they'd be interested in sending a demo unit for a meet, of course to no avail (no response at all). Granted, they're in Ukraine.

I miiight just pull the trigger on their 'Roger' headamp, in which case I'll report back. I've had luck with Ukrainian audio devices before. Some great designers over there.

Nov 3, 2018 at 7:49 PM Post #8 of 209
They also have a model called DAVID that seems to be the ROGER amp RCA's and a TI PCM5102A / XMOS USB DAC included ... for the same price?

Dec 16, 2019 at 2:51 AM Post #14 of 209
I love Zeos but sometimes I would like to learn something with his videos.
Saying that a tube amp sounds like a real tube amp and not like a hybrid... And nothing else in more than 30'...

Hi @touramalli,

I agree, Zeos is around mainly for entertainment & as some on headfi have pointed out before this, if he's lucky, he is only right about 60% of the time though personally, that's pushing it...

A good reviewer I suggest to watch is Porta Fi.

Though in general, if you really want to learn more about audio, I suggest the following in no particular order :

Any GCSC textbook on Electronics
Warren Huart / Produce Like A Pro
David Gnozzi / Mixbus TV
Ian Shepard / Production Advice

In closing, what he means when he says sounds like a real tube amp is basically instead of being too clean or potentially bright which is usually associated with solid state, the sound is warm &/or organic as well or instead, which is just another way to say it conveys the emotion of what you're listening to more than solid state gear.
Sound is tricky to describe for a reason, more often that not, it is misunderstood.

Hope this makes sense.

Hope you have a great day !

Dec 16, 2019 at 2:53 AM Post #15 of 209
Not sure why Zeos is still around.

Entertainment, @Rhamnetin, entertainment...

Nothing more than that though to be fair, some things he says is a whole lot better than most reviewers I heard but that's a whole different story...

Hope you have a great day !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back