Topping TP30 vs. TP30 Mk Ii--good choice for small desktop system?
Apr 11, 2014 at 10:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Wildgift

Head-Fier
I have narrowed my search down to one of these amplifiers. I plan on using it in my office with some Polk audio monitor 30 or R150 speakers. Are these amps good? They do get good reviews. Does anybody know the difference between these two models? I don't need the ability to go very loud, because this will solely be for use in my office, which is small.

I will also be using it with my Mikros 90 headphones by Martin Logan and, eventually, a Pono player. For now, the plan is to use the usb in to take advantage of the DAC, using my MacBook Pro or iphone as a source. I only need one source input.

Are there any other amplifiers in this price point I should be considering, that will drive both external speakers and headphones? It does not look like there are any viable tube amplifier options for this price ($100)

Many many thanks!

Apr 15, 2016 at 1:31 AM Post #2 of 2
Have you made a decision about this? I'm really looking into this little amp to drive a couple of Realistic Minimus 7 along with my computer. There's also the TP21.. So I'm trying to see which is my best option (TP30 seems better for the PC as it's got a USB DAC connection).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back