Topping TP-32EX Headphone Amp and Pioneer SC-91 Help
May 13, 2016 at 7:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

onyxwulf

Head-Fier
I cannot find any threads (and I have looked) that have helped me figure out how to connect my Topping TP-32EX to my Pioneer Elite SC-91. 

I have tried every connection and every possible output I could to try to get this to work.  I called Pioneer and they didn't help me at all.  I want a decent headphone amp that will work with my CA, Trinity IEM's, JVC, and my K7XX's.

Product Page:
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Home/AV-Receivers/Elite+Receivers/SC-91

Manual:
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Unassigned-Content/Manuals/SC-91+OPERATING+INSTRUCTIONS

I am sorry if there is a thread somewhere that explains this and I would love someone to link me as I couldn't find anything that helped.

Thanks anyone!

May 13, 2016 at 7:17 PM Post #2 of 9
You can try the aux in on your Topping connected to the Zone 2 out or the DVR out on the Pioneer. Those are the only two RCA output sets that you have. If that doesn't work, then your option is to get a cable that lets you connect the headphone output on the Pioneer to the aux in on your Topping.

May 13, 2016 at 7:36 PM Post #3 of 9
I tried both of those and tried all the configuration settings on the unit I could find and I couldn't get it to work.  I will try them all again.  Getting frustrated.  Didn't want to run from the front to the amp but I guess I will if I have to.  

May 13, 2016 at 10:16 PM Post #4 of 9
Some AVRs do not output analog over RCAs like that which comes from digital sources plugged into the AVR that has some kind of copyright protection. Could be it will not work.

May 13, 2016 at 11:51 PM Post #5 of 9
You are right. Finally got a hold of someone that could help me. The RC-91 doesn't support this unless I am putting a analog signal PER channel in. I ended up taking it back to the store and getting a Denon AVR-X4200 and am much happier. Did that all in the last couple hours.

Thanks for your help.

May 14, 2016 at 8:46 AM Post #6 of 9
You are right. Finally got a hold of someone that could help me. The RC-91 doesn't support this unless I am putting a analog signal PER channel in. I ended up taking it back to the store and getting a Denon AVR-X4200 and am much happier. Did that all in the last couple hours.

Thanks for your help.

Nice receiver. I just got the X4200W this week myself to upgrade my older Denon AVR-888.

:beerchug:

Good to hear it works well with an external headphone amp. Will have to give mine a try. :)

May 14, 2016 at 8:51 AM Post #7 of 9
BTW: What kind of speakers do you have? Audyssey XT32 does a great job of smoothing the in room response for a speaker setup.

May 17, 2016 at 7:33 PM Post #8 of 9
B&W 602 S3's with B&W LCR-60 centers two ASW 600's and B&W DS3 all over the walls.  Older speakers but they really pack a punch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back