1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Topping NX4

Discussion in 'Portable Headphone Amps' started by sainteb, Jul 5, 2017.
First

Back
8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
  1. sabloke
    Agree. Your best bet is to check on the xda-developers forum, there might be a cure for USB/OTG issues there.

2. ro9ue
    It was quite a relief the NX4 unit was not faulty.

Thank you!

3. ro9ue
    Thanks for the tip, I'll check it out.

4. BobSmith8901
    Hi--I know this a bit dated, but where did you get a DSD 512 of the Beck album? Or was it converted to 512? Thanks for any info!

5. fokta
    hi. I converted from CD...
    since i used the free version, in the middle of the song will be silent gap around 2-3 sec.

6. BobSmith8901
    Thanks for the response and that is a great record. I've never thought of ripping a CD to DSD. I'm curious, how does one do this?

7. fokta
    I used this...

The free version.
    And total I only convert 5 songs. since it takes a lot of memory for 1 DSD512 song (around almost 1 Gb/song). and takes quite a long time to convert, with chance of fail... so I am not too eager to convert it again...

The song is very nice though. With good IEM or Headphone, the low (bass) from Bass guitar and drum, separated nicely, not over stack...

Based on my exp. for Orchestra & acoustic, DSD512 song is better choice...
    but dance, trance, instrumental etc, flac 16 alrd serve you better.

Last edited: May 15, 2019 at 10:51 PM
  8. BobSmith8901
    Thanks. I just ordered the NX4 DSD and it looks to be one way (way less expensive) to test its DSD 512 chops. I saw on the nativedsd site that they've got some new DSD 512 titles in and also have a DSD 512 sampler. Maybe I'll check one of those out but very pricey. Thanks again for the info!

First

Back
8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17