Topping NX3s
Dec 31, 2018 at 10:22 PM Post #31 of 138
I posted this on Massdrop about a month ago:
You'll need a small hex key either 1.3 mm or .050 SAE, Both will work, but I recommend a Ball Ended .050 the screws are very tiny and could strip easy. The Ball end will help if you run into a problem...
Oh, big thanks! I'll try to find it! The dreams come true, you're really Magic Man :santa: Happy New Year :christmas_tree:

Last edited:
Dec 31, 2018 at 10:40 PM Post #32 of 138
Happy New Years folks!!!

11:40PM in my neck of the woods.

Shane D

Mar 6, 2019 at 8:25 PM Post #35 of 138
I know this is an old thread, but I swapped in a N5532P op amp and it sounded better than the LT1364 to me. Maybe it's just my ears. I tested both with Marvin Gaye's "Make Me Wanna Holler" track. It has great vocals and a good bassline that I figured would be a good barometer. To me the bass sounded better on the 5532 and I was hearing parts of the song I didn't with the 1364. To each his own though I guess.....

Mar 27, 2019 at 2:02 PM Post #38 of 138
Ohms is dependent on Sensitivity. So please specify which IEM. I have tried BGVP DM6 and sound is very good no noise at all.
Thank you, Palash.

JVC HA-FX1100. Their impedance is 16 Ohms. The NX3S impedance output is 5 Ohms. ¿Isn't that too high for those IEMs or they will be fine with that?

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2019 at 5:11 PM Post #39 of 138
Hello. My nx3s have some problems with RF interference .When I connect it to my phone makes som clicks and pops. I don't know what the problem is. Is it normal to do in such way? When I put the phone in airplane mode, it plays ok.
Sorry for my english.

Mar 29, 2019 at 5:47 PM Post #40 of 138
Hello. My nx3s have some problems with RF interference .When I connect it to my phone makes som clicks and pops. I don't know what the problem is. Is it normal to do in such way? When I put the phone in airplane mode, it plays ok.
Sorry for my english.

@Sicario1St Yes I've noticed the same thing. It's interference from the cell signal. When you go into airplane mode, the cell signal is not accessed so it doesn't have the interference. I stopped using the Topping with my cell phone and bought a FiiO M3K hi-res audio player. That player is $70 and can play DSD files and almost all off the lossless formats. You can use the Topping with your cell, but know that when you hit a new tower or anything that sends a sharp signal to your phone, you're going to get that crackling sound. It sucks but it is what is is. Good luck my friend!

Mar 29, 2019 at 6:46 PM Post #41 of 138
@Sicario1St Yes I've noticed the same thing. It's interference from the cell signal. When you go into airplane mode, the cell signal is not accessed so it doesn't have the interference. I stopped using the Topping with my cell phone and bought a FiiO M3K hi-res audio player. That player is $70 and can play DSD files and almost all off the lossless formats. You can use the Topping with your cell, but know that when you hit a new tower or anything that sends a sharp signal to your phone, you're going to get that crackling sound. It sucks but it is what is is. Good luck my friend!
Thank you for your addvice. I have a Fiio BTR1k and I use the nxs3 with it. I like the sound alot. And by the way, today I bought a NE5532P because I was thinking that the LME49720 was the problem for the interferences. :).

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2019 at 7:32 PM Post #42 of 138
Thank you for your addvice. I have a Fiio BTR1k and I use the nxs3 with it. I like the sound alot. And by the way, today I bought a NE5532P because I was thinking that the LME49720 was the problem for the interferences. :).
Yeah I bought that same op amp. The NE5532P. They are only a dollar and change from digikey.com. It sounds really nice and I like it better than the default op amps sound. The bass is better and I felt there was a bit more clarity than standard. The NE5532P is an older op amp and is used in the Burson Play DAC if you get the default version. It's really good. Anyway, it's not just your NX3s that does that. I think it's something they all do as mine does it too. Topping should have made the case an RF shield somehow or something. Maybe I'll try buying some RF shielding material and line the inside of the case with if, if the material is thin enough. I'll report back once I figure out how to do that. Later gator!

Apr 2, 2019 at 10:48 PM Post #43 of 138
I know this is an old thread, but I swapped in a N5532P op amp and it sounded better than the LT1364 to me. Maybe it's just my ears. I tested both with Marvin Gaye's "Make Me Wanna Holler" track. It has great vocals and a good bassline that I figured would be a good barometer. To me the bass sounded better on the 5532 and I was hearing parts of the song I didn't with the 1364. To each his own though I guess.....

Are these the N5532Ps that we are supposed to use in order to upgrade the NX3S?:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/10Pcs-NE5532P-NE5532-DIP-8-Dual-Low-Noise-Op-Amp-CYCA/233170727332?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Apr 2, 2019 at 10:50 PM Post #44 of 138

Users who are viewing this thread

Back