Topping NX2 Portable DAC/Amp Impressions Thread
Sep 3, 2017 at 5:13 PM Post #241 of 277
Where did you find Topping D3 slightly cheaper than the two i listed? I can only find it for around 100-120 EU while other two go for around 50-70 EU Range
Sorry, got confused. Ment to say the other way around. The d3 is more expensive!

Sep 24, 2017 at 9:41 AM Post #242 of 277
Hello ,
Can anybody please tell me if topping NX2s suffers from EM interference or RF interference as I intend to use it as a DAC or Amp with my phone. I have heard complaints from users regarding this.

Nov 4, 2017 at 12:52 PM Post #244 of 277
Why isn't there more attention to this - I don't get it?? :thinking:
Some users complained of EMI/RFI noise with the Topping range. Maybe that. But the NX2 is such a great DAC Amp... I guess the NX2s is better, or at least as good. And with such competitive prices, and such a good quality, it's a no brainer.

Nov 4, 2017 at 2:49 PM Post #245 of 277
Tbh I find the DAC section in the NX2 to be be pretty underwhelming, maybe others have found the same??

Nov 4, 2017 at 9:54 PM Post #246 of 277
But the amp section is sweet and the form factor is a perfect size. Recently bought the NX1s which updated the EMI/RFI issue from the original 1. The NX1 has a nice form factor as well but still love my NX2, as an amp it's underated and as Peter said the DAC section probably does not help.

Nov 5, 2017 at 1:52 AM Post #247 of 277
But the amp section is sweet and the form factor is a perfect size. Recently bought the NX1s which updated the EMI/RFI issue from the original 1. The NX1 has a nice form factor as well but still love my NX2, as an amp it's underated and as Peter said the DAC section probably does not help.

How is the NX1s compared to the amp section in NX2?

Nov 5, 2017 at 8:50 AM Post #248 of 277

Yeah, I totally agree : as an amp it's really nice.

Nov 5, 2017 at 8:52 AM Post #249 of 277
I can't really hear a difference myself, it's a little smaller than the NX2 and I imagine that is because there is no DAC section required. Casing is thicker I believe as well. Can't lose with either IMO, got the NX1s in silver this time and have it strappes to my C3.

Nov 5, 2017 at 9:20 AM Post #250 of 277
I can't really hear a difference myself, it's a little smaller than the NX2 and I imagine that is because there is no DAC section required. Casing is thicker I believe as well. Can't lose with either IMO, got the NX1s in silver this time and have it strappes to my C3.

How's battery life on the 1s compared to the original 1?

Nov 5, 2017 at 9:43 AM Post #251 of 277
Excellent Peter, IMHO one of the strengths of the Topping portables. Now mind you I only have something close to 37 hours off and on but it's still on my original full charge! Like my original 1 and 2 their posted run time is conservative but remember I don't run anything wide open.

Nov 5, 2017 at 9:49 AM Post #252 of 277
Excellent Peter, IMHO one of the strengths of the Topping portables. Now mind you I only have something close to 37 hours off and on but it's still on my original full charge! Like my original 1 and 2 their posted run time is conservative but remember I don't run anything wide open.

Thanks Tim!

Nov 5, 2017 at 11:02 AM Post #253 of 277
Tbh I find the DAC section in the NX2 to be be pretty underwhelming, maybe others have found the same??

I agree, the DAC sounds much worse than any source DAC I use with the NX2. This includes all the iPhones and I devices (which I suppose makes sense) and the Dell XPS 13 laptop. Most definitely the AP60 MKii which is far and away the best of my devices in terms of sound quality. The DAC onboard for the NX2 has zero oomph and presents a very thin and clinical sound with an unimpressive stage. If that’s anyone’s cup of tea, I’m not trying to judge however, but I prefer a more musical sound with layering and separation, etc.

Nov 5, 2017 at 11:34 AM Post #254 of 277
I agree, the DAC sounds much worse than any source DAC I use with the NX2. This includes all the iPhones and I devices (which I suppose makes sense) and the Dell XPS 13 laptop. Most definitely the AP60 MKii which is far and away the best of my devices in terms of sound quality. The DAC onboard for the NX2 has zero oomph and presents a very thin and clinical sound with an unimpressive stage. If that’s anyone’s cup of tea, I’m not trying to judge however, but I prefer a more musical sound with layering and separation, etc.

Yes, this is exactly my experience as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back