1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Topping DX7 - DAC and balanced headphone amplifier

Discussion in 'Dedicated Source Components' started by faber65, Mar 16, 2017.
First

Back
13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
24 25 26 27
Next

Last
  1. gto88
    Just got mine (DX7s) today from HongKong in 5 days.
    IMG_0386.JPG
    I installed driver before I have the unit, so I just plug it in and all is well.
    Sound is clean and have good stage.
    Easy to operate even without remote controller.
    Will compare it with Pro-ject S2D which is also dual ess9038.
    I bought Monoprice THX AAA 788 dac/amp, and really like its amp part, and
    have started returning it, because of its lacking driver support, not 32bit and no XLR output.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2018
    Baten likes this.
  2. Toshu
    What driver needs to be installed? I assume on Windows 10?

3. gto88
    My laptop is Windows 10, I installed Topping's driver.

4. Jonny83
    Hey guys, I'm having trouble playing DSD via USB on the Topping DX7s on my MacBook Pro using Audirvana. Basically it displays the DSD on the screen but just makes a loud popping sound, no audio. I've put the volume control to 0dB but still doesn't help. I'm assuming you need to use the volume control in Audirvana if the volume on the Topping is set to 100%? or do you have to use on seperate headphone amp or pre amp to listen to DSD on the Topping? Any help is appreciated.

5. gto88
    No, you should be able to use the headphone output on DX7s.
    Did you set the output mode, check the screen on Topping, its default setting
    is dac+hp you should see up&down arrow.
    Lower your volume before putting on your headphone.
    I listen at -40db or so depends on the headphone.

6. gto88
    Oh, I forgot the preset input was OPT out of box, you need to set it to USB.

7. Jonny83
    Yes it's set to USB and DAC + Amp mode. Audirvana says the volume must be set to 0dB for DSD playback on the Topping? I don't understand this because I need to use the Toppings volume control.

8. gto88
    I don’t use apple os and audirvana,so I can’t help.
    You may want to try to identify the issue is with apple or audirvana.
    See if you can hear anything from computer first.

9. Jonny83
    Thanks anyway! I got the DSD 64 album I have to work via optical. I see what you mean now, you have to start playing the track at 0dB then lower the volume. Still don't know what's going on with the USB connection though, I'm in contact with the support from the site I purchased it from. So see how I go with it.

10. Jonny83
    Ok so I got one of my DSD 256 albums to work via USB on Audirvana. But the DSD 64 still doesn't work on USB, no idea what's going on there...

11. gto88
    Massdrop has DX7s drop on for $360, in case someone is interested.
    I just learn that Topping has new DAC D70 on pre-order, an interesting product.

12. Voxata
    Priced very... very high though

13. Toshu
    Fedex says I should be getting my D7S in a few days from the November Massdrop. I plan on connecting it to my B&K AVR507 via the analog out connections and to my Krell KAV 300i using the XLR outputs. What cables have you guys had success with??
    Also, the USB in cable, I have read that there are problems with generic ones....whats everybody using successfully there??

14. Voxata
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2018
    Toshu and Baten like this.
  15. Yummy Tree Sap
    So, I just got mine a week ago, and... it's dead now. Well, in the least, it's completely stopped being recognized by my PC as a USB device. Optical in still works. I don't have another system to test it out on, but there's nothing that hints me toward it having anything to do with my PC. I can say that it's not the cable. Very excited to test out their customer service, which I'm sure isn't going to at all be a huge hassle. While I wait their response, however, I'm cracking mine open to see how bad the heatsink problem is. Hugely bummed out by this; I don't really have the money to throw around on expensive crap that stops working in a week. Sounded good for that week though. :grimacing:

First

Back
13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
24 25 26 27
Next

Last