TOPPING DX5 DAC & HP Amp Now Available
Mar 26, 2022 at 4:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 104
A brand-new DAC/AMP combo joined TOPPING lineup now at USD449! The DX5 with high-quality, gorgeous, and excellent workmanship! It has a fresh and impressive looking. It features dual ES9068AS DAC chip, achieves 0.00009% THD+N, has versatile connect options, and comes with MQA decoding, LDAC support, two gain settings.
dx5-en-01.jpg

It also has a wide range of compatibility: Windows 10 or above, MAC, Linux, IOS, Android can be plug and play. 2nd generation 16 core XMOS XU216 will take care of the USB input that supports MQA files full decoding. USB input can be connected to a PC, or OTG to a smartphone and tablet. Bluetooth input supports SONY LDAC high-resolution audio, and wireless input liberates the audio source and facilitates use. Coaxial input + optical input can be connected to audio sources such as DVD players, digital broadcasting, TV set-top boxes, game consoles, etc.
dx5-08.jpg

DX5 has multiple output modes adapted to different usage scenarios, "Headphone Amp", "Headphone Amp + Line out", "DAC" and "Pre-amplifier. It can drive your high impedance headphones with ease through its high-low gain settings (12dB/0dB). It also has a total harmonic distortion (THD) down to just 0.0009% and its signal-to-noise ratio (SNR) is up to 125dB. DX5 will deliver up to 1800mW of power into 32 ohm and 140mW in 2500 ohm loads on headphone outputs. You can connect your headphone with the output of 4-PIN-XLR or a 6.35 single-ended jack.
dx5-09.jpg

A powerful two-in-one device, connect your digital audio sources and headphones to DX5, and you can enjoy higher-quality music on the headphones. It uses NFCA circuitry for optimized headphone output performance to make it pair with high sensitivity IEMs and power-hungry high impedance headphones nicely. NFCA modules result from TOPPING’s intensive research and development into headphone amplification technology, and the flagship A90 was the first amplifier from TOPPING that incorporated these modules. NFCA modules ensure low noise levels and distortion under all conditions and when used with all headphones.
dx5-07.jpg

DX5 has the certification of Hi-Res Audio Wireless and LDAC. It uses newest QCC5125 chipset to support LDAC/AAC/SBC/ APTX LL/ APTX HD protocols. Other than that, It was awarded the Red Dot Design and Golden Pin Design, obviously, TOPPING has stepped into the fashionable HiFi gears now!
dx5-en-19.jpg

Of course, there is coming the measurements of DX5 from audiosciencereview, fingers click here, Topping DX5 Review (DAC & HP Amp).
As usual, any questions, comments, and suggestions are welcome!

ShenzhenAudio https://twitter.com/shenzhenaudio Stay updated on ShenzhenAudio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/shenzhenaudio/ https://twitter.com/shenzhenaudio https://shenzhenaudio.com/
Mar 26, 2022 at 7:45 PM Post #3 of 104
It looks interesting and a great alternative for all in one unit.

Mar 26, 2022 at 11:38 PM Post #4 of 104
I would like to ask anyone who has tested both the Topping DX5 and EX5, if the DX5 has a deeper (and grander?) soundstage than the EX5. Because both online reviews and my usage of my own EX5 have shown to me that the EX5 has a relatively shallow soundstage. I have found the EX5 soundstage to be, like online reviews say, a wall of sound in my face.

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2022 at 1:54 AM Post #5 of 104
This seems to be fully balanced, unlike the EX5. That sounds pretty good for this price.

Mar 27, 2022 at 2:03 PM Post #7 of 104
A brand-new DAC/AMP combo joined TOPPING lineup now at USD449! The DX5 with high-quality, gorgeous, and excellent workmanship! It has a fresh and impressive looking. It features dual ES9068AS DAC chip, achieves 0.00009% THD+N, has versatile connect options, and comes with MQA decoding, LDAC support, two gain settings.

It also has a wide range of compatibility: Windows 10 or above, MAC, Linux, IOS, Android can be plug and play. 2nd generation 16 core XMOS XU216 will take care of the USB input that supports MQA files full decoding. USB input can be connected to a PC, or OTG to a smartphone and tablet. Bluetooth input supports SONY LDAC high-resolution audio, and wireless input liberates the audio source and facilitates use. Coaxial input + optical input can be connected to audio sources such as DVD players, digital broadcasting, TV set-top boxes, game consoles, etc.

DX5 has multiple output modes adapted to different usage scenarios, "Headphone Amp", "Headphone Amp + Line out", "DAC" and "Pre-amplifier. It can drive your high impedance headphones with ease through its high-low gain settings (12dB/0dB). It also has a total harmonic distortion (THD) down to just 0.0009% and its signal-to-noise ratio (SNR) is up to 125dB. DX5 will deliver up to 1800mW of power into 32 ohm and 140mW in 2500 ohm loads on headphone outputs. You can connect your headphone with the output of 4-PIN-XLR or a 6.35 single-ended jack.

A powerful two-in-one device, connect your digital audio sources and headphones to DX5, and you can enjoy higher-quality music on the headphones. It uses NFCA circuitry for optimized headphone output performance to make it pair with high sensitivity IEMs and power-hungry high impedance headphones nicely. NFCA modules result from TOPPING’s intensive research and development into headphone amplification technology, and the flagship A90 was the first amplifier from TOPPING that incorporated these modules. NFCA modules ensure low noise levels and distortion under all conditions and when used with all headphones.

DX5 has the certification of Hi-Res Audio Wireless and LDAC. It uses newest QCC5125 chipset to support LDAC/AAC/SBC/ APTX LL/ APTX HD protocols. Other than that, It was awarded the Red Dot Design and Golden Pin Design, obviously, TOPPING has stepped into the fashionable HiFi gears now!

Of course, there is coming the measurements of DX5 from audiosciencereview, fingers click here, Topping DX5 Review (DAC & HP Amp).
As usual, any questions, comments, and suggestions are welcome!
Do NOT get pissed off and ban me from this thread but why is it you gave it MQA? I do NOT want that waste of code and it is not a matter of simply not using it but rather you are MAKING me PAY for it whether or not I use it? If I buy this, money I paid goes to that idiot tailor (i.e., The Emperor's New Clothes, Blob Stuart. That disgusts me no end.

I would give serious consideration to this new device as it looks to be superb but the company foisted the FARCE upon us again. Ban me from discussion if you feeeeeeeeeeeel that way but the truth is more people loathe Stuart's folly than want it. It adds nothing. I have tested it in the real world and it does N O T H I N G to the music.

Please let me know, why the company did this again?

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2022 at 3:05 PM Post #12 of 104
Do NOT get pissed off and ban me from this thread but why is it you gave it MQA? I do NOT want that waste of code and it is not a matter of simply not using it but rather you are MAKING me PAY for it whether or not I use it? If I buy this, money I paid goes to that idiot tailor (i.e., The Emperor's New Clothes, Blob Stuart. That disgusts me no end.
Well, the decoding is on the latest ESS Sabre DAC chip. it can't be turned off..

Mar 27, 2022 at 3:11 PM Post #13 of 104

I would give serious consideration to this new device as it looks to be superb but the company foisted the FARCE upon us again. Ban me from discussion if you feeeeeeeeeeeel that way but the truth is more people loathe Stuart's folly than want it. It adds nothing. I have tested it in the real world and it does N O T H I N G to the music.

Totally agree. MQA has absolutely no relevance today, and it's debatable if it ever did have.

Mar 27, 2022 at 5:32 PM Post #15 of 104

Funds...$$$. Simple, use and endorse, we will pay you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back