Topping D50
Jun 14, 2020 at 5:00 AM Post #961 of 1,054
That's the one thing about Topping that sucks is their quality control. I've heard about a few other people that have had problems with some of their Topping gear. I actually have another unopened D50s because my original one stopped working after 2 days but I tried it a few days later and it's been fine ever since, but I had already ordered a replacement and decided to keep it just in case.

Jun 29, 2020 at 10:29 AM Post #963 of 1,054
Some time ago I had read here someone claiming that the Topping D50 DACs were fed 3.3v separate supplies using linear regulators, fed directly from the 5v input supply. The output analog stages, on the contrary, used a DC-DC chip, that converted the 5v input supply to +/-8v. I believe the latter does affect the audio quality.

But looking again at the pcb photo, what puzzles me is what is that circuit to the left of the DACs regulators, which has a 2R2 inductor that usually telltales the presence of a DC-DC supply. Is that connected to the DACs regulators? What does it feed?

Attachments

• Topping D50 regulators.jpg
    Topping D50 regulators.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 0
Jul 28, 2020 at 5:15 AM Post #964 of 1,054
has anyone tried swapping the opamp?

Jul 29, 2020 at 8:40 AM Post #966 of 1,054
For what purpose?
To change the sounds maybe to a better one? And give higher satisfaction probably. Im just asking if any of you had tried. Since I had xp with that standard opamp, and prefer the sounds of the LME49720 or ultimately the Burson V5i.

Jul 29, 2020 at 12:36 PM Post #967 of 1,054
Since I had xp with that standard opamp, and prefer the sounds of the LME49720 or ultimately the Burson V5i.
SOIC-8 package is not the best for experiments with changing operational amplifiers, and there is no suitable replacement for OPA1612 with obviously better parameters. Not to mention the fact that replacing without changing the passive elements of correction is a meaningless exercise.

Aug 25, 2020 at 10:18 PM Post #968 of 1,054
Optical out from two different TV's to both my DX7 and D50 seem to cut out when voices get quiet. Really disappointed. Both TV's and both Topping DAC's have the same issue together. But the Mojo works fine with both TV's optical out. The D50 keeps saying unlocked displays 48khz randomly every 45 seconds or so and cuts out for a brief second while its switching. Both auto off features on both DX7 and D50 don't seem to do anything.
So if I want to use a TV with my dac I need another dac other than topping. I don't think I will buy another topping dac since both of them do the same thing.

Oct 24, 2020 at 2:32 AM Post #969 of 1,054
Anyone experienced usb not recognized? I have tried different cables but no luck

Oct 24, 2020 at 2:52 AM Post #970 of 1,054
Anyone experienced usb not recognized? I have tried different cables but no luck
have you tried factory reset? mine also experience a problem where i cant really change the sample rate

Oct 24, 2020 at 3:01 AM Post #971 of 1,054
have you tried factory reset? mine also experience a problem where i cant really change the sample rate
Ya I already tried factory reset and still not recognized.I also tried it in my sister's laptop, same result.

Oct 24, 2020 at 3:49 AM Post #972 of 1,054
Ya I already tried factory reset and still not recognized.I also tried it in my sister's laptop, same result.
maybe try to reinstall the driver (by means of uninstall using revo uninstaller in order to deep clean) with all usb connection disconnected the laptop or PC

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2020 at 4:10 AM Post #973 of 1,054
I sometimes have problem with my D50 and Thinkpad T400 that usb remains unlocked. It happens when I boot the laptop and somehow D50 just can't seem to get the usb input. Happens pretty rarely though. I use second usb port on laptop to provide power. When this happens, Usb is usually recognized after I unplug the power, plug it back and turn the D50 on. Usually usb is recognized right away. If it's not, I repeat until it recognizes. I don't know why that happens, but I think it started to happen a lot more infrequently when I turned auto-on feature off, so I don't power on the D50 until laptop is completely booted to desktop.

Oct 24, 2020 at 5:21 AM Post #974 of 1,054
maybe try to reinstall the driver (by means of uninstall using revo uninstaller in order to deep clean) with all usb connection disconnected the laptop or PC
I have done this already but I used Ccleaner to clean the registry after uinstall and tried on my sister's laptop as I said which doesn't have a previous installation of d50

Users who are viewing this thread

Back