1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Topping D50

Discussion in 'Dedicated Source Components' started by junki, Apr 8, 2018.
First

Back
39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48
Next

Last
  1. adeadcrab
    Just copped. 2nd hand with a nice linear power supply. Damn this thing is heavy. And tiny! Will test it out later today :L3000:

2. Vosya
    I confirm. After updating the firmware to 1.03, the display of the bit depth remains.

3. Ripper2860
    Where can one get 1.03? My Topping site only shows 1.02 as the current FW for D50.

4. Th3Drizzl3
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2019
  5. PointyFox
    What does 1.3 change?

6. Th3Drizzl3
    there was no changelog with the download so im not sure. i sent an email and will see if i get a response.

7. Vosya
    Response to my request by e-mail:
    "V1.03 firmware is suitable for all previous D50. It improve very little in compatibility with some portable lossless media player. For the improvement is limit, we did not send to the public.
    You can download from this link:
    http://www.tphifi.net/temp/d50_fw1.03(18l).zip
    This firmware require to update under our V4.14 drivers.
    Best Regards!
    ----------------------------------
    TOPPING service"

8. Ripper2860
    A bit disconcerting that they decided not to publicly release it. I've updated and we'll see what happens. Fingers crossed. :D

Thanks!!

9. domho7
    Hi guys I am noob at downloading firmware updates. Can some kind soul guide me on updating tks

10. Vosya
    I changed the firmware 1.02 <-> 1.03 probably 3-4 times in order to determine the difference in sound, nothing terrible. In the end, it stopped at 1.03. The sound is more accurate, although the sound stage is narrower. The sound with 1.03, in my opinion, is especially good with an isolated Vbus (+5) on USB-A.

11. Vosya
    "1, install drivers of D50(pass this step if you had already install drivers of D50 successfully)
    2, Connect D50 to your PC and turn on.
    3, Unzip D50-xxxx.zip and run "ToppingUsbAudioDfu_V4.14.exe".
    4, Click Browse.. and select "D50_xxxx.bin". (D50_dfu_18L.bin for example, my comment)
    5, Click Start and wait for "Firmware upgrade finished successfully".
    6, Click Exit and finish.

Important note: Never turn off or pull out power/USB cable during the update."

This is a little reworked by me instruction from a set of old D50 firmware.

12. domho7
    Tks vosya

13. adeadcrab
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
    jaxz likes this.
  14. Acke
    I thought the update made it sound worse, assumed it was my imagination until somebody else mentioned the same thing. Rolling it back sounds better. setting USB latency to minimum gave more accurate sound regardless

15. adeadcrab
    Have you tried v1.03 with optical?

First

Back
39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48
Next

Last