Topping D30 DSD DAC XMOS/CS4398
May 5, 2017 at 11:43 AM Post #166 of 512
Just thinking the same thing about nano, since I had an opportunity to get that for roughly the same price second hand. However I now cancelled nano and ordered D30 instead. This little machine is so intriguing... :) Also I love the idea that I wouldn't buy or have anything extra: just Hi-Res PCM + native DSD DAC with 2xRCA. Planning to attach this to Slee Solo Ultra Linear. They should be a nice match industrial looks vice too.

I know I am still loving mine. I have moved and haven't bothered to unbox any other DAC's yet.
I got the M8A in but its still in the box too lol

May 15, 2017 at 9:56 AM Post #167 of 512
Hi all I have been new to this forum n audio.
Currently I m setting up my PC audio, got myself a pair of presonus eris e4.5 & topping d30 DAC.
Just a few question about the DAC, I can just hook up the d30 without any amp rite?since eris4.5 is an active monitor.

PC>usb>d30>rca to rca>eris4.5

Setting above is good to go?
Any suggestion is welcome

Thanks!

May 15, 2017 at 10:11 AM Post #168 of 512
Hi all I have been new to this forum n audio.
Currently I m setting up my PC audio, got myself a pair of presonus eris e4.5 & topping d30 DAC.
Just a few question about the DAC, I can just hook up the d30 without any amp rite?since eris4.5 is an active monitor.

PC>usb>d30>rca to rca>eris4.5

Setting above is good to go?
Any suggestion is welcome

Thanks!

That should be fine. You do have an amp, it's in your speakers.

May 16, 2017 at 2:43 PM Post #176 of 512
Curious if there are any further comparisons of the D30 to the Fulla 2 as just a DAC? @Jimster480 mentioned the Fulla was a bit more musical sounding, but had some USB issues. These are similar in price and I don't really need DSD decoding. So from a feature perspective it seems like the main difference is a trade-off between extra inputs vs. a headphone and preamp output.

May 18, 2017 at 6:31 AM Post #177 of 512
Hey guys, I'm currently using my iFi Micro's DAC. Will the Topping d30 be a noticeable improvement? The iFi Micro costs a bit more, but I feel like a lot of what I'm paying for is the amp and portability. Thanks in advance for any help :)

May 18, 2017 at 2:25 PM Post #178 of 512
New guy here, Watching this thread with interest.

I'm looking for a DAC to use with a Chromecast Audio. Mostly Spotify Premium but some Redbook from a laptop as well.
Also looking at the Hifime SPDIF Optical 9018 DAC.

Very good info here.

Eric

May 18, 2017 at 11:20 PM Post #179 of 512
New guy here, Watching this thread with interest.

I'm looking for a DAC to use with a Chromecast Audio. Mostly Spotify Premium but some Redbook from a laptop as well.
Also looking at the Hifime SPDIF Optical 9018 DAC.

Very good info here.

Eric

A DAC to use with Chromecast Audio?
But the Chromecast Audio uses a headphone OUTPUT, so you would need an AMP not a DAC.

Some months later I am still preferring my D30 over everything for my daily listening. I got a Modi Multibit and wasn't at all impressed (brighter than the D30 but no perceived additional fidelity) and I have an M8 and M8a and they are "smoother" and the D30 but not really any more detailed. There are those few situations where i Think it does sound better but it might just be the filters that round out some of the more harsh points in a song on certain tracks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back