Topping D1 Mark 2 review!
Nov 16, 2012 at 3:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

yugas

500+ Head-Fier
Hi everyone, I have just uploded a new review on my spanish audio blog!  

This is the Topping D1 Mark 2 review, amazing performance for the price and works with my SGS S3 too!

Please check it!  http://oldnewsound.blogspot.com.es/2012/11/topping-d1-mark-ii.html

Follow us on Twitter too please: https://twitter.com/OldNewSound

THANKS!

Nov 20, 2012 at 12:43 PM Post #2 of 19
Hey Yugas,

Any chance you could post this in English as well somewhere? I can read some Spanish but its been 20 years since I could read and speak it with any confidence :)

Many thanks

O.

Nov 20, 2012 at 3:07 PM Post #4 of 19
Thanks Tablix,

I didn't have access to a PC at the time and I couldn't find a way to translate on my iPhone.

Thanks for the review Yugas, it looks like a nice piece of kit and, judging by your review, might sound very good for the price range as well.

This seems to compete directly with the Fiio E10 in price - is that a device you have used and can offer a comparison against?

Cheers,

O.

Nov 20, 2012 at 5:18 PM Post #5 of 19
Quote:
Thanks Tablix,

I didn't have access to a PC at the time and I couldn't find a way to translate on my iPhone.

Thanks for the review Yugas, it looks like a nice piece of kit and, judging by your review, might sound very good for the price range as well.

This seems to compete directly with the Fiio E10 in price - is that a device you have used and can offer a comparison against?

Cheers,

O.

Hi pathway, first of all thanks for reading my review, I have to say you that it's hard for me to express myself in english the way that I'm doing in spanish about the sound, so for the moment my blog will be only in spanish sorry for that.

Topping sound very good, but unfortunately I didn't try the Fiio E10, tomorrow I am going to publish a new review about the Audinst HUD-Mini (this supose to be a bit better than the Fiio E10), so I will do a little comparision with the Topping D1 Mark 2. 

Follow us on Twitter my friend!   https://twitter.com/OldNewSound

Thanks 
beerchug.gif

Nov 22, 2012 at 7:00 PM Post #6 of 19
Thanks Yugus,

I've just read (albeit translated) the Audinst review which seems to follow the theme of many others in that it can be a great little DAC/AMP if with some very minor changes.

That said, it was hard to understand (probably one of those things 'lost in translation' ) what the differences in terms of sound quality are between the Topping and the Audinst and how you felt about them in comparative terms.

I listen to a lot of varied music from Jazz, Classical , Female/male vocals, dance and so on (so most things!) - I very rarely listen to heavy metal or extremely bassy music. I love the Sennheiser 580s I have but am also a fan of clean, controlled (hate loose/wooly bass), detailed, accurate and 'open' sound.

Not that it is a major consideration (as they are both affordable) but, in the UK, the Audinst would cost me significantly more (70% or so).

Nov 23, 2012 at 3:57 AM Post #7 of 19
Thanks Yugus,

I've just read (albeit translated) the Audinst review which seems to follow the theme of many others in that it can be a great little DAC/AMP if with some very minor changes.

That said, it was hard to understand (probably one of those things 'lost in translation' ) what the differences in terms of sound quality are between the Topping and the Audinst and how you felt about them in comparative terms.

I listen to a lot of varied music from Jazz, Classical , Female/male vocals, dance and so on (so most things!) - I very rarely listen to heavy metal or extremely bassy music. I love the Sennheiser 580s I have but am also a fan of clean, controlled (hate loose/wooly bass), detailed, accurate and 'open' sound.

Not that it is a major consideration (as they are both affordable) but, in the UK, the Audinst would cost me significantly more (70% or so).

Hi, if you prefer a more clean sound yo should go for the Topping.
The Aundinst is more on the warm side and this is not as clean and punchy as the Topping D1 Mark 2.
You should not have problems to play the hd580 fine (in terms of volume), they are not a very difficult headphone to drive.

Thanks a lot.

Nov 27, 2012 at 12:34 PM Post #8 of 19
Thank you for a good review.
Can you tell a little bit more about the built quality of
Topping D1 (especially in comparison with HUD-mini)?
I know that Audinst makes a quality stuff,
but what about Topping? Please give your impressions on
the case and headphone jack.

Nov 27, 2012 at 2:53 PM Post #9 of 19
Quote:
Thank you for a good review.
Can you tell a little bit more about the built quality of
Topping D1 (especially in comparison with HUD-mini)?
I know that Audinst makes a quality stuff,
but what about Topping? Please give your impressions on
the case and headphone jack.

Hi, buillt quality is excelent on both, but in the case of the Audinst headphone jacks  seem to be even better, I mean Audinst makes products with a built quality that could be in another company 3 times price product...
However I prefer the Topping aluminum housing, it's ticker than the Audinst's housing and it could be more resistant to a possible impact.

Thanks,

Dec 14, 2012 at 8:22 AM Post #13 of 19
Quote:
Just to bump this thread, I'd like to say that headfonia did a review for D1 and the result is mostly positive too.
I'll post my impressions when I get the unit myself.
@yugas Nice find!!!

Hi, thanks a lot!

I also have a pair of Hifiman HE-400 and they sound surprisingly well, not far away from my ODAC + Meier Corda Rock combo!
You will be very happy with your Topping 
beyersmile.png

Bests,

Yago.

Jan 10, 2013 at 6:49 PM Post #14 of 19
Hate to revive an old thread but does anyone know if the D1 Mark II will help improve the bass impact on the Audio Technica ATH-M50s? I'm somewhat of a basshead (I listen to quite a bit of dubstep and other electronic genres with heavy bass) 

Apr 11, 2013 at 8:54 PM Post #15 of 19
I bought this unit after reading in that Headfonia review that it has good synergy with the Mad Dogs. After receiving it today and having a listen, I can't help but agree.
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back