Jan 27, 2007 at 6:40 PM Post #16 of 171
Awhh... Where can i watch it?
frown.gif

Jan 27, 2007 at 7:37 PM Post #17 of 171
Quote:

Originally Posted by SayNoToPistons /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Awhh... Where can i watch it?
frown.gif

The interview is on YouTube, the new TG eps haven't come out on the net yet.

Jan 28, 2007 at 4:00 AM Post #18 of 171
I'm so stoked about this!! Top Gear is definitely one of the best/funniest shows out there. Lets hope we never have to wait this long again for another season...

Aditya

Jan 28, 2007 at 8:06 PM Post #19 of 171
It's back, only a few minutes in and it's looking good.

Jan 29, 2007 at 12:50 AM Post #20 of 171
I happen to like the show but I seriously hate Clarkson. I know most of what he says is in humor but he gets away with some really terrible stuff.

The "Why Ameicans make bad Cars" segment was particularly insulting...... but really funny. I can't wait to watch either.

Jan 29, 2007 at 1:40 AM Post #23 of 171
well, i have a hard time arguing with clarkson that US automakers make crap cars, simply because for the most part, we do, its no strike against the US autoworker, because they can build a quality product, case in point would be the countless honda's and toyota's that roll off US assembly lines that are solid cars. problem lies in the american publics want to gadgets rather then a good car, their overall lack of caring about the actual experience of driving, and the bean counters/stockholders insisting and cutting material and build quality to keep costs down rather then removing gadgets

the evidence lies in the numbers, worldwide we all know that ford, gm and D+C are slipping, and companies like toyota, honda, and hundai are on the rise

anywho, i'm happy to see topgear back, and the hamster back in action

Jan 29, 2007 at 2:38 AM Post #24 of 171
How are you US folks watching Top Gear? Is it carried by your local cable company? I'd love to have an alternate way of watching it since I have no conceivable way of getting the BBC.

Jan 29, 2007 at 2:44 AM Post #25 of 171
Quote:

Originally Posted by n_maher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How are you US folks watching Top Gear? Is it carried by your local cable company? I'd love to have an alternate way of watching it since I have no conceivable way of getting the BBC.

Mainly torrents. There's pretty much no other way

Jan 29, 2007 at 2:50 AM Post #26 of 171
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuberoller /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I happen to like the show but I seriously hate Clarkson. I know most of what he says is in humor but he gets away with some really terrible stuff.

The "Why Ameicans make bad Cars" segment was particularly insulting...... but really funny. I can't wait to watch either.

Have you seen his new DVD ? The Good bad and the Ugly ? It basically compare cars from the US to European cars. To cut the long story short, Europe wins !
biggrin.gif

I am a little surprise you guys over the pond likes this show, one, how did you know about it? It's basically this tiny shows made by the BBC about 3 guys (who is not racing drivers), wears Shirts from the 70's, Jeans from the 80's haircut from the 60's talking about cars like guys do in the garage with a spanner in his hands. There are hardly any statisitic (unlike a lot of US shows), the most you'll get is the BHP a car has or how heavy it is (even then it's like a description "it weights about the same as my wifes shopping from Tescos").

I personally LOVE the show, not into cars at all, but those 3 just have something that works. It is MILES better than the old format they used to have years ago.

Jan 29, 2007 at 3:04 AM Post #27 of 171
This Top Gear clip with Clarkson's usual flare...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdkEV-t9jg0

...cost me not once but twice!

A couple of months after watching the clip, I ordered a 205hp Mk II Ariel Atom from Brammo Motorsports (their US licensee company). But since it will take them about 7 months to build and deliver the car, I've since agreed to buy a 140hp Mk I Ariel Atom (made by the UK-based company) from a guy in Luxumbourgh. Figure that way I can get used to driving an Atom with lower horsepower, and I can sell the used one at no loss when my new one arrives! (It made sense to me at the time anyway.)

Jan 29, 2007 at 3:08 AM Post #28 of 171
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This Top Gear clip with Clarkson's usual flare...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdkEV-t9jg0

...cost me not once but twice!

A couple of months after watching the clip, I ordered a 205hp Mk II Ariel Atom from Brammo Motorsports (their US licensee company). But since it will take them about 7 months to build and deliver the car, I've since agreed to buy a 140hp Mk I Ariel Atom (made by the UK-based company) from a guy in Luxumbourgh. Figure that way I can get used to driving an Atom with lower horsepower, and I can sell the used one at no loss when my new one arrives! (It made sense to me at the time anyway.)

Isn't the US built one uses a different engine? The UK spec one uses a Honda engine.

Jan 29, 2007 at 3:15 AM Post #29 of 171
Resurfacing a road? For the first episode in the series? Im not all that hopeful for the content this series now.....

I do love those challenges where they have a certain amount of money to buy /do up a car, and put them through a series of tests though, if they can squeeze a few of them in I will be happy.

Jan 29, 2007 at 4:09 AM Post #30 of 171
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A couple of months after watching the clip, I ordered a 205hp Mk II Ariel Atom from Brammo Motorsports (their US licensee company).

There are not words to describe the envy, Wayne. All that I ask is for detailed impressions upon receipt of said Atom along with a sufficient number of drool worthy pictures!
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back