Top IEM and portable players
Jul 24, 2010 at 1:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

bluntman

100+ Head-Fier
If I was using some type of top-tier IEM on a zune HD or an IPod Touch, will I still be experiencing their true potential?...because I'm thinking their ultimate potential can only be reached through an AMP...and obviously burn-in time...I'm thinking hooking them up to an AMP will push them to the limit..so if that's true, then why are they really meant for portable players? I mean they're the perfect size for portable players, don't you guys think?

beerchug.gif

Jul 25, 2010 at 1:38 AM Post #5 of 16
Only custom IEMs like JH13Pro, JH16Pro can produce magic(spurb soundquality)out of these DAPs without using AMPs.

Jul 25, 2010 at 4:17 AM Post #6 of 16

Sanity's on the phone. mate - it's missing you.
Quote:
Only custom IEMs like JH13Pro, JH16Pro can produce magic(spurb soundquality)out of these DAPs without using AMPs.

Jul 25, 2010 at 4:43 AM Post #7 of 16
The S:Flo2 is arguably the best sounding DAP there is (definitely superior to my Cowon S9, though the S9 is the complete package and the S:Flo is a pos in most aspects other than SQ) - though I haven't heard the HM 801. Neither are very practical, however, and both have their own host of problems..

Jul 26, 2010 at 10:35 AM Post #8 of 16
If a car performs better on a race track then it was designed to do so. It just so happens to also work on the streets. When you drive a sports car on the race track for the first time you realize it's potential. Driving it on the street again will never be he same.

Aug 12, 2010 at 6:10 AM Post #9 of 16
Depends on the IEM specs (impedance, efficiency, sensitivity.....)  On a mysterious note, how will your ears determine the IEM has reached it's potential?  Looking at your signature, the MTPC are pretty darn good universal IEM.

Aug 12, 2010 at 6:22 AM Post #10 of 16
i think you can do better than an ipod touch (many due to the EQ deficiencies of the iPods).
also keep in mind some IEMs pair well with some DAPs.
i think RE0 & RE-ZERO pair very well with Walkmans with "clearbass", because the clearbass gives the bottom end lift these IEMs need.

Aug 13, 2010 at 11:44 AM Post #14 of 16
who what where when reported to admin. 

as for player, it would all depend on your iem, budget, size you need & what your using it for?
some are better than others for one thing, but terrible for others.

Aug 13, 2010 at 11:48 AM Post #15 of 16

Users who are viewing this thread

Back