Top 5 Headphones Under $200
May 14, 2015 at 1:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

BoldList1

New Head-Fier
Good afternoon friends,

I'm trying to create a stellar list of best value headphones (under $200) and would appreciate any feedback from the community!

Here is my current Top 5: http://boldlist.net/top-5-headphones-under-200.php

Any input is appreciated!

May 15, 2015 at 8:02 AM Post #2 of 6
I have the original ATH-M50's and after 2 years have grown to appreciate them. At first I thought they were just OK, and even considered selling them. but now I find myself using them more and more. They sound pretty good on a Schiit Lyr 2, which is pretty overkill.

My favorite ultra cheap headphone is the Koss KSC-75, which was $17 on Amazon the last time I checked. These are the perfect go-to headphones to replace the standard earbuds that come with some smartphones. An amp doesn't do much for them so plugging them straight into an iphone/ipad works great. Because they're cheap you don't feel bad if they get lost or break.

I also have a pair of Koss KSC-35s, ($50) which are like a more refined version of the KSC-75. However, they aren't as comfortable as the KSC-75 and really only sound slightly better.

May 19, 2015 at 3:27 PM Post #4 of 6
My list would probably just be the HD598 five times for purely anecdotal reasons. Three years ago I paid 250 and I wasn't disappointed at all. Now, they're 150? That's great.

Value lists probably should to include a few in different price ranges, rather than just "best under x dollars". For instance, I'd consider the Monoprice 8323 a good headphone at under 30 dollars, and worth consideration for people on a super tight budget. People looking at something in the 200 dollar range should skip it, because there's tons better out there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back