Tool releasing Lateralus on vinyl! Where to buy?
Aug 23, 2005 at 2:53 PM Post #18 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by bubbamc119
Ok the vinyl will be in stores in a few hours (23rd August). If someone here gets it you MUST take pictures so we can see the artwork etc. Also a review of the sound quality would be nice i.e. is it analogue master etc.

cheers

My copy should be shipping out today. If someone does not beat me to it, I will post some pics as soon as I get my copy.

I'm so frikkin' excited!

Aug 24, 2005 at 12:08 PM Post #19 of 30
I contacted www.amusicdirect.com to see if my album had shipped. They said that their intial shipment of records had already been shipped out to the earliest preorders. The are expecting another shipment on Thursday and that my copy should ship then.

I have to say that this delay is making me a little nervous.

Aug 25, 2005 at 1:31 AM Post #21 of 30
I got an email today saying that my copies have shipped out.

EXCITED
rs1smile.gif

Aug 25, 2005 at 4:46 PM Post #23 of 30
When I contacted www.amusicdirect.com on Tuesday they said they were sold out of the initial shipment and would have more in on the 25th. I called today and they said it was on backorder and there was no date on when they would get a shipment. That made me a bit nervous. I went on Ebay and bought another copy. Now I have 2 copies coming. I will probably cancell the first order if I get the Ebay one in time. If not I may end up with an extra copy, and if I do I will put it up for sale.

BTW, here's a teaser pic I found on Ebay:

43_1_b.JPG

Aug 28, 2005 at 12:40 AM Post #26 of 30
Okay, I got an email from Music Direct saying that my copy of Lateralus has shipped. If you read a couple of posts up, I also ordered a copy from Ebay, so I got two copies coming.

If someone wants my extra copy I will sell it to them at no profit to myself. The price will be the what it cost me plus the intial shipping and then the shipping cost to you plus PayPal fees. The copy I got off Ebay cost me $39.99 ($34.99+$5 shipping). This one was a little cheaper than my Music Direct copy. I will sell it for 39.99+5.00(shipping)+1.35(PayPal fees)= ~47.00 total.

If anyone is interested please PM me. First come, first serve. I am supposed to get one copy Tuesday and the other copy also around that time.

Aug 30, 2005 at 10:57 PM Post #28 of 30
Sounds fantastic on my mediocre system at home... HOWEVER... I'll be A-Bing it with the CD at my friend's house in a couple weeks. He has Pass Labs Rushmores and a Pass X0.2 hooked up to a Marantz SA-11 CDP and a really nice TT running into a Pass Labs X-Ono Phono stage.

It's nice to at least have access to a stereo system worth more than most New Mercedes Benz'... Even if it's not mine. Yet... I'll let you all know how it goes.

Cheers,
Jeremy

Sep 2, 2005 at 1:37 AM Post #30 of 30
Well I have mixed feelings about the sound quality of this lp. On one hand it sounds great, much better than the hdcd, I've heard things I've never heard for example with the guitar playing, and the packaging is excellent. On the other hand the speed accuracy of the cutting machine that was used is not very good. With long sounds the pitch of the sound raises and drops ever so slightly periodically, it's enough to drive me mad. (I only have 1 other record that does this). Anyone notice this with their copy? Also the start of schism sounds right channel only for about a minute! Surface noise seems high too.

Hopefully they manufacture another lot using a different cutting machine.

This is the rig I used;

Lateralus --> Linn Axis Turntable, Ortofon MM30 Super --> Marants Esotec PM6 Integrated Amp (phono stage only) --> Maxed PPA

Users who are viewing this thread

Back