Took the SACDMODs plunge
Sep 3, 2003 at 8:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

bluesaint

500+ Head-Fier
I would highly suggest the IEC as well. Powercables IMHO makes the #1 biggest difference to a decent CDP.

I have a spare VD Power one for sell if your interested.

I use VD Nite's power cable myself, but to me, it is worth it only because the rest of my equipment isn't cheap and can use the extra quality and performance the VD nite has to offer.

But if i had a slight lesser system, i'd ditch the Nite's for cheaper models.

Sep 3, 2003 at 1:48 PM Post #2 of 10
You guys win, wallet loses
smily_headphones1.gif
(as usual).

I went for the IEC jack. Thanks for all your input
wink.gif

-dd3mon

Sep 3, 2003 at 2:36 PM Post #3 of 10
These cats are right on.................get the IEC outlet, CDP are very sensitive to AC cord swaps and differences are easy to hear.
The cheapie fixed generic stock AC cord really stifles performance of any CDP.

Sep 5, 2003 at 3:05 AM Post #4 of 10
:lurk:

Jul 10, 2009 at 9:29 AM Post #5 of 10
Sent my SCD-CE775 off to Matt yesterday for the basic stereo mods + toroid transformer add-on. He even agreed to lube up my tray mechanism and clean the laser lenses (as I mentioned to him that mine hasn't been 100% reliable lately). I'll be sure to post my impessions when I receive the player - so far my buying experience has been great
smily_headphones1.gif

-dd3mon

Jul 13, 2009 at 10:52 AM Post #6 of 10
Glad to hear you took the plunge dd3mon. Make sure to post some thoughts on it after you get it and break it in some. I bet you can't wait to get that thing back and see how it sounds, huh?

Jul 24, 2009 at 5:34 AM Post #7 of 10
Are you having him add the IEC connector so you could change power cords? I will be intrested to hear what you have to say. The 775 with the transformer add on will be nearly like the 222es he does. I think the sacdmods 222es is close to the sacdmods 555es using headphones. How soon will you get it back?

Aug 9, 2009 at 7:15 AM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Originally posted by ServinginEcuador
Glad to hear you took the plunge dd3mon. Make sure to post some thoughts on it after you get it and break it in some. I bet you can't wait to get that thing back and see how it sounds, huh?

Actually I'm not that impatient - It's been boxed up for a week since I moved down to school again, so I'm used to settling for my soundcard at the moment. This should make the finished product sound all the more sweet
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally posted by sacd lover
Are you having him add the IEC connector so you could change power cords? I will be intrested to hear what you have to say. The 775 with the transformer add on will be nearly like the 222es he does. I think the sacdmods 222es is close to the sacdmods 555es using headphones. How soon will you get it back?

Currently I haven't asked for an IEC connector, as he said this is a relatively difficult procedure for the very cramped 775. It would also save me alot of money on power cords (given that my experience with VD interconnects would lead me to want to try out their famous and very expensive power cords
frown.gif
).

But - I know you have alot of experience with SACDMODS.com players, do you think it's worth it? (even if I just started with something simple like a signalcable magic). I paid via PayPal so I'm sure I could tack on the $40 for the IEC jack at anytime. I'm not sure if you've used a modded player with a stock cord (222es or 775), but I would definitely consider this option if it makes a large difference.

I shipped the player out yesterday, it will most likely arrive there sometime next week (hopefully pretty fast, as I'm only one state over from him). His current turn-around is approximately 5 days as noted by his website, so I'll probably be expecting the player back around 2 to 3 weeks from now.

-dd3mon

Oct 8, 2009 at 6:30 AM Post #9 of 10
Hi dd3mon,
I would consider the IEC recptacle a very important extra investment, adding good power cords to these Sonys really seems to give them a very appreciable boost. A good used VD Power 3 can be had for $60 or so, I think very much worth-while. Let us know how it goes! Cheers.

Mark

Dec 15, 2009 at 9:07 AM Post #10 of 10
I would get the IEC. A good power cord will make the player better, especially in the bass from my experiences. The cost is only $40 for the IEC. You will regret not getting the IEC a month from now. I have some cords I dont use from my gilmores, I will send you one free; or I could sell you a signalcable cord cheap. I have an extra one.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back