Too many choices...
Oct 25, 2008 at 5:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

kevinvisionm

100+ Head-Fier
[size=xx-small][size=x-small][size=small][size=medium] Hey guys, i joined this forum for quite a long time but i never post any thing because of my limit knowledge with not vey good english so i just watch you guys discuss
biggrin.gif
. SO for my upcoming bday(November), i'll have about 1000 dollars, and i want to use them all for my headphone system.

My system now is Playstation 3-Onkyo TXNR801 Receiver-Littledot MKIVse-Sen HD650(stock) and Creative Live XFi-Onkyo TXNR801 Receiver-Littledot MKIVse-Sen HD650(stock).

What's the weak part in my set up? How can i upgrade it in the price range of 1000 usd? I'm thinking about getting the Zu cable($350) and Darkvoice 337. Or i'll use all of my money for a good amp about 1k but there are too many cool amps around 1k like RSA Raptor, Darkvoice 337/337se, Woo 6se, Woo6(all upgraded), CORDA SYMPHONY,..

Oh, also, I sent my Little Dot MKIVse to David for warranty because after 1 month it started to have awful noises on the left channel. I changed the tube and do cleaning job but it still there. I see many threads about those kind of noise about LittleDot and Darkvoice amp. How about other brand, like Woo, RSA do they have that too? Thanks
atsmile.gif

[/size]
[/size][/size][/size]
[size=xx-small][size=x-small][size=small][/LEFT][/size][/size][/size][/LEFT]

Oct 25, 2008 at 9:55 PM Post #4 of 8
I don't know how good the DAC's in the Onkyo are, but maybe someone could tell you.

What kind of music do you listen to? Have you heard any other headphone manufacturer's "house sound"? I can't really help you with higher end stuff, as I'm more of a mid-fi guy myself.

BTW, your english isn't bad at all. Just a little rough around the edges.

Oct 25, 2008 at 10:27 PM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tridacnid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't know how good the DAC's in the Onkyo are, but maybe someone could tell you.

What kind of music do you listen to? Have you heard any other headphone manufacturer's "house sound"? I can't really help you with higher end stuff, as I'm more of a mid-fi guy myself.

BTW, your english isn't bad at all. Just a little rough around the edges.

i mostly listen to classical and hip hop. i only have the Sen as my second audiophile headphone after the Shure SE530.

Oct 26, 2008 at 2:41 AM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tridacnid /img/forum/go_quote.gif

x2. If you get responses that Onkyo does not have the best dacs, slit your money and get a good dac, and a good amp. $500 each will be enough in each section.

Oct 26, 2008 at 2:50 AM Post #7 of 8
For this upgrade cycle you might want to get a better DAC (depending on what you hear from others on the Onkyo) and the Zu Mobius for your 650's. $350 is a lot of money for the cable so you might want to try to find one used.

For a reasonable source you might want to look at a Stello ($750) or MHDT Paradisea+ ($600) or MHDT Havana ($950).

Oct 26, 2008 at 4:15 AM Post #8 of 8
I recall someone saying that the Zu cables are sold on eBay by Zu cheaper than on their web site.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back