Too good to be true ?
Nov 28, 2011 at 7:11 PM Post #16 of 42

Quote:
I don't think people afraid of being caught selling counterfeit headphones would set themselves up so flagrantly. Personally I fully expect you to just have lost your $55. *shrug*

Obviously I hope this is not the case. Keep us posted. 

They did try to back out of it by cancelling my order after I said I will compare their item to one from an authorized dealer.  Anyways, I want to get to the bottom of this.  If it is a forfeit and Pioneer can verify it, then I should have no problems filing a claim with Ebay.

Nov 28, 2011 at 7:24 PM Post #17 of 42
Chances are that you will receive a package from Hong Kong...

They told me they don't have the item in hand so probably they are buying it on another website like dealextreme then just put your adress as the shipping adress.

The good thing is that you have their paypal address, so ebay can easily track them !

Is there anything to do against people selling counterfeit ? It's illegal to sell counterfeit here and the guy is from CA...

Nov 28, 2011 at 7:27 PM Post #18 of 42
Seller does not appear? or its just me. 
tongue.gif

Nov 28, 2011 at 8:10 PM Post #21 of 42
Way too many events for it to be a coincidence. Probably was selling fakes.

Nov 28, 2011 at 9:48 PM Post #22 of 42
Did any of you received any confirmation that the item was shipped? I received one earlier today, and then it disappeared by now so the item appears as un-shipped yet... I am not too nervous since I am sure Ebay will protect us if needed, but I hope it was not too good to be true!

Nov 29, 2011 at 3:04 AM Post #25 of 42

Quote:
I don't think people afraid of being caught selling counterfeit headphones would set themselves up so flagrantly. Personally I fully expect you to just have lost your $55. *shrug*

Obviously I hope this is not the case. Keep us posted. 

I've found that eBay and PayPal are very serious about protecting their buyers.
They'll probably not immediately release the purchase money paid to this new seller.

This seems to be their practice. 
And they thus have enormous leverage with respect to the transaction - they are in control of the funds for a length of time
immediately following payment.  The seller  isn't.

Nov 29, 2011 at 5:38 PM Post #28 of 42

Quote:
Did anyone received shipping confirmation? I emailed the seller twice and did not get any response since the auction ended.

Ya, I'd say that's not going to happen. 

I'd start doing this:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/buy/protection-programs.html
http://pages.ebay.com/help/buy/item-not-received.html

Note step 1:
"Before you buy, check the listing. Review the seller's Feedback, terms of sale, item description, and shipping and payment methods. Make sure you're comfortable with the item and the terms the seller is offering."

Nov 29, 2011 at 5:45 PM Post #29 of 42
You guys should open a Paypal dispute. Explain to them what happened (all the conversations, etc) and if the seller still doesn't respond Paypal will rule in your favour.

Nov 29, 2011 at 6:21 PM Post #30 of 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scammer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
[size=10pt]we are trying to get ride of our inventory to restock for the new year. there are original and original packaging.[/size]

[size=10pt]...[/size]

[size=10pt]no sorry we do not have it in hand.[/size]

Those two statements blatantly contradict each other.  If "they" don't have it in hand, it's not excess inventory.  By "they," I mean some punk scammer and his moobs.

Quote:
I've found that eBay and PayPal are very serious about protecting their buyers.
They'll probably not immediately release the purchase money paid to this new seller.

This seems to be their practice. 
And they thus have enormous leverage with respect to the transaction - they are in control of the funds for a length of time
immediately following payment.  The seller  isn't.

Do you know how long this policy has gone on, or whether it applies to all sellers?  I was scammed a long time ago, but I can definitely buy with more confidence if Paypal maintains control of the funds now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back