Too good to be true ?
Nov 28, 2011 at 12:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 42

Furieux

Head-Fier
This guy is selling a bunch of ATH-M50 and HDJ-2000

http://www.ebay.com/sch/unitelectronics/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686

I've ask him how much he was asking for a pair of ATH and a pair of HDJ shipped to Canada and it was 150$ for both. Here's the mail he sent me when I asked him about why he had a big lot to sell like this :

Quote:
[size=10pt]hello, yes we have been asked many times now, we are trying to get ride of our inventory to restock for the new year. there are original and original packaging.

any other questions please let us know, thank you.
[/size]

Then when I asked him about payment and picture of the actual product :

Quote:
[size=10pt]Hello,
yes we completely understand we can do $150 for both plus shipping.

yes we can do a private buy it now.
no sorry we do not have it in hand.
[/size]

What are your thoughts on this ?? Too good to be true ?? Selling at loss to restock for the new year !?!? I don't understand this part at all.... why not just keeping your stocks. These headphones are best sellers ?!?!?

Nov 28, 2011 at 12:21 AM Post #2 of 42
the "no sorry, we do not have it in hand" is what worries me. 

That and the 0 feedback.

Buyer beware.

Nov 28, 2011 at 12:25 AM Post #3 of 42

Quote:
the "no sorry, we do not have it in hand" is what worries me. 

That and the 0 feedback.

Buyer beware.

Yeahh and the zero feedback.... I also ask him about a physical adress and he was not able to give me one. So I wonder why would he restock if he doesn't have a physical adress or something ?? And why restocking.... ?? What's the point ??

I think he's just a young moron trying to sell fake headphones to make profits !!

Nov 28, 2011 at 12:26 AM Post #4 of 42
Hmm... 0 Feedback and he hasn't even been on ebay a week and he's selling 41 items?

Nov 28, 2011 at 2:22 AM Post #5 of 42
Private does that mean outside of ebay?

Nov 28, 2011 at 2:32 AM Post #6 of 42
The seller sounds so suspicious...

Nov 28, 2011 at 4:45 AM Post #7 of 42
0 feedback 
stock photos of items for sale
google search of seller's name "unitelelectronics" - 0 hits (except for the eBay listings at issue)
registered on ebay 11-24-11, only 4 days ago.

I'd avoid that situation.

Nov 28, 2011 at 5:50 AM Post #9 of 42
That looks suspicious especially when the seller is not verified yet. 
blink.gif

Nov 28, 2011 at 6:28 PM Post #14 of 42
Before the purchase was finalized, I asked the seller, unitelectronics, to cancel my bid because I suspected the item was countefeit.  They refused, to which I replied that I will buy the item and then compare it to an HDJ-2000 purchased from an authorized retailer.

Later this afternoon, after I had already paid for the item, they sent a cancellation request saying that I purchased the item in error.  Does this seem fishy to anyone else? Lol.

I declined the cancellation request and intend to get to the bottom of this.  Maybe out of fear of being aired out for selling counterfeits, they'll send me a genuine one?  

Nov 28, 2011 at 6:31 PM Post #15 of 42
I don't think people afraid of being caught selling counterfeit headphones would set themselves up so flagrantly. Personally I fully expect you to just have lost your $55. *shrug*

Obviously I hope this is not the case. Keep us posted. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back