Tonal difference between the KSC 35 & 75?
May 11, 2006 at 5:54 AM Post #2 of 18
I think they use the same driver. I think the only difference is the headband or lack thereof.

May 11, 2006 at 5:57 AM Post #3 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Connectz
I think they use the same driver. I think the only difference is the headband or lack thereof.

Both are clip-ons. The 75's apparently use the titanium coated drivers, and are apparently brighter from what Ive read, whereas the 35's use the same drivers as the portapros and are less bright.

May 11, 2006 at 6:03 AM Post #5 of 18
I think they're both ugly. What I think would look great, though, would be a PortaPro driver on a KSC35 headband. Mm mm mm. I may have to try and pick one of those up...Anyway, yeah. The BIG difference people speak about is the clips. A lot of people have fit issues with the KSC75, whereas most don't with the KSC35. There doesn't seem to be much of a consensus about the drivers, but the KSC35 never had a volume control, whereas the newer KSC75s (not the older ones though) do. This could probably attest for the brightness, since volume controls built into the cables from my experience, when put up at their highest, make things a bit on the bright side. I think the 35's sound probably lies somewhere nearer the middle.

May 11, 2006 at 6:15 AM Post #6 of 18
Oooh okay. Cool.

May 11, 2006 at 6:22 AM Post #7 of 18
ksc35's have deeper bass. many prefer the ksc35 sound sig but I tend to like the brighter ksc75 myself.

but when i want more bass I will use them
icon10.gif

May 11, 2006 at 7:22 AM Post #8 of 18
Here is my mini review from a previous thread:

I own both. My impressions:
35 vs 75 (both unmodded)

KSC-35 Lighter
KSC-75 Heavier

KSC-35 Looks like a headphone
KSC-75 Looks like a toy

KSC-35 Better controlled bass
KSC-75 Bass is a little bit uncontrolled

KSC-35 Highs are very little bit recessed
KSC-75 Better presentaition in highs

KSC-35 Better 3d feeling
KSC-75 Less 3d feeling

KSC-35 Earpeace not bendable (you may mod)*
KSC-75 Bendable earpeace

KSC-35 Stays very flat and close to your ear, fits great after earclip mod
KSC-75 Stays a bit away from the ear, I don't like the fit even after hours of bending and retrying the earclips

KSC-35 Presents some cable microphonics
KSC-75 Presents less cable microphonics

KSC-35 Ear foams are thinner but better
KSC-75 Ear foams are thicker but tends to collect hair inside

These headphones are near identical in terms of sound quality but there are slight differences. Finally for my opinion KSC-35 is a better buy.
*=Detach the earhook from the headphone and bend the plastic after heating with a hot air gun or hair dryer.

May 11, 2006 at 7:28 AM Post #9 of 18
By the way I gave my KSC-75 as a gift and bought another KSC-35. Now one of the 35's are heavily modded and the other one stays raw. I enjoy both of them but the modded one improves with an amp. The raw one is usually connected to the Motorola MPX220 smart phone when I want to travel with a light and compact system.

May 11, 2006 at 7:41 AM Post #10 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Baycode
Here is my mini review from a previous thread:

I own both. My impressions:
35 vs 75 (both unmodded)

KSC-35 Lighter
KSC-75 Heavier

KSC-35 Looks like a headphone
KSC-75 Looks like a toy

KSC-35 Better controlled bass
KSC-75 Bass is a little bit uncontrolled

KSC-35 Highs are very little bit recessed
KSC-75 Better presentaition in highs

KSC-35 Better 3d feeling
KSC-75 Less 3d feeling

KSC-35 Earpeace not bendable (you may mod)*
KSC-75 Bendable earpeace

KSC-35 Stays very flat and close to your ear, fits great after earclip mod
KSC-75 Stays a bit away from the ear, I don't like the fit even after hours of bending and retrying the earclips

KSC-35 Presents some cable microphonics
KSC-75 Presents less cable microphonics

KSC-35 Ear foams are thinner but better
KSC-75 Ear foams are thicker but tends to collect hair inside

These headphones are near identical in terms of sound quality but there are slight differences. Finally for my opinion KSC-35 is a better buy.
*=Detach the earhook from the headphone and bend the plastic after heating with a hot air gun or hair dryer.

Thankyou! I see your from Turkey, Its different there! I spent 3 hours looking for a Coke with no luck! I know I know, typical American. Found some cold milk, It was GOOD!

May 11, 2006 at 7:59 AM Post #11 of 18
I really dont understand how you could not find it? Since, coke is found all around the Turkish markets and shops. companys managers must be proud of themselvs for producing and marketing such a brand for over the years globally. But I personally preffer ayran and salgam over the coke since coke is used as a surface cleaner and stain remover in my country as well. No joke, check its pH value.

I think another global name is going to be Koss. But it would not be harmfull as coke to the human health if you do not listen to the high sound levels though
icon10.gif

May 11, 2006 at 8:16 AM Post #12 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Baycode
I really dont understand how you could not find it? Since, coke is found all around the Turkish markets and shops. companys managers must be proud of themselvs for producing and marketing such a brand for over the years globally. But I personally preffer ayran and salgam over the coke since coke is used as a surface cleaner and stain remover in my country as well. No joke, check its pH value.

I think another global name is going to be Koss. But it would not be harmfull as coke to the human health if you do not listen to the high sound levels though
icon10.gif

I was in Istanbul in the mid 80's and could not find any.
mad.gif

But the food was really good and the folks were real friendly.
icon10.gif

May 11, 2006 at 8:28 AM Post #13 of 18
Oh tell me that. Coke entered officially at the end of the 80's as I could remember. So you are right. But after that entrance it spreaded to the shops like plaque. Thanks for mentioning the date. Hope you enjoyed your visit.

If you have any more questions in your mind regarding the KSC's, just buy them both and try yourself. They are very cheap so you can give the other one to a friend or sell.

May 11, 2006 at 8:33 AM Post #14 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Meyvn
There doesn't seem to be much of a consensus about the drivers

Yes there is, we've been over this before. The ksc75 is coated in titanium and the 35 is uncoated. The titanium version is brighter with less (tighter?) bass and sharper (harsher?) treble. The clips are also responsible for some of the difference in sound due to variations in fit, but try poping both drivers into the same headband and you will hear an obvious sonic difference with the same fit.

May 11, 2006 at 12:15 PM Post #15 of 18
Quote:

What I think would look great, though, would be a PortaPro driver on a KSC35 headband. Mm mm mm. I may have to try and pick one of those up...Anyway, yeah.

Wha?

The PP is the model with the headband, and the PP and 35 use identical drivers.

I own the PPs, 35s, and 75s, and spent a lot of time going back and forth between them, and if there is a sonic difference between the 75 and 35/PP once an identical fit is achieved, it's a slightly brighter signature in the 75s.

That's it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back