Edwood

1/2 hamster, 1/2 Turkish∙ Blueteething
http://www.citikitty.com

Does this really work? LOL.
tongue.gif

Wish I could toilet train my dog.

-Ed

Jun 15, 2005 at 3:50 AM Post #5 of 13
Dont cats have diseases that are transferable to humans?

Jun 15, 2005 at 4:00 AM Post #6 of 13
cats can be trained to use the toilet. not too shabby.

my aunt had a cat that would answer to its name, fetch, answer the doorbell, and use the toilet.

supposedly, you can train a cat to use a faucet for water too. i guess its a problem if they forget to turn it off, or use the hot one...

Jun 15, 2005 at 8:28 AM Post #7 of 13
My wife bought this (maybe not exactly this but the same shape and the same purpose) several years ago but never used it because it didn't fit our toilet seat.

BTW I've seen a homepage of a person who successfully trained her cats to use human toilet, but her method was kinda vice versa - she put an old toilet seat over the litter box.

Jun 15, 2005 at 8:42 AM Post #8 of 13
The Bumper Dumper <<What I wanna know is if THIS works? I just found this last night.

As far as the cat trainer, my wife did it without buying this one, so I know it works. She used plastic wrap to cover the bowl (not the seat) and filled with kitty litter, till cat was used to it.

Of course, my wife trained our two beagles to use the kitty-litter box. Go figure?

Jun 15, 2005 at 9:41 AM Post #10 of 13
some people take away their claws...

in the summertime, they're dying to go out and get the tweety bird, but we keep them kooped in, prisoner, peering through a window...

they hide in a room and instinctively pounce on us when we walk in, but all we can do is say go away I don't want to play with you...

...and now were taking away their burying instinct for poop convenience?

As for me, I need full access to the throne at a moment's notice and will be in there posting on head-fi, as I'm doing now
icon10.gif

Jun 15, 2005 at 9:53 AM Post #11 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by bundee1
Dont cats have diseases that are transferable to humans?

Yes, that would be one of the reasons to get this device.

Cat feces are often contaminated with toxoplasma gondii (toxoplasmosis) which has been linked to schizophrenia and manic depression. It's also a real risk to pregnant women, as it can cause brain damage to a developing fetus. That's why they suggest pregnant women not go near cat litterboxes.

Jun 15, 2005 at 10:55 AM Post #12 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by AlanY
Yes, that would be one of the reasons to get this device.

Cat feces are often contaminated with toxoplasma gondii (toxoplasmosis) which has been linked to schizophrenia and manic depression. It's also a real risk to pregnant women, as it can cause brain damage to a developing fetus. That's why they suggest pregnant women not go near cat litterboxes.

Yikes.

Good thing I'm allergic to cats.

Bring on the dog feces!!!!

-Ed

Jun 15, 2005 at 11:39 AM Post #13 of 13
My sisters cats do this out of there own.

BUT
Quote:

Originally Posted by stevesurf
...and now were taking away their burying instinct for poop convenience?

The cats try to bury it an go with there paws trough the water afterwards. And walk over the seat when they're done leaving the dirty water on the seat.
eek.gif
So the cats going to the toilet is discouraged in her house.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back