Todd....any word on the GS-1K boxes??
Jun 13, 2006 at 2:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

KenW

Headphoneus Supremus
Not that mine will see the inside of that box anytime in the near future, but I was curious about the expected delivery date of the boxes. Have you received word on when we might expect them?

Jun 21, 2006 at 5:09 PM Post #5 of 11
Actually, I'm hoping things work out that I can use the foam from that in one of those cases from Lowes. If it fits(yeah, like that's really likely), I should have one sweet/tough case for the GS-1K. Gonna do the same for the PS-1s!

What I'd love would be for Grado to do a custom foam liner to fit a more solid case but that's not gonna happen so I wait....and wait....
tongue.gif

Jul 1, 2006 at 5:10 AM Post #6 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by KenW
Actually, I'm hoping things work out that I can use the foam from that in one of those cases from Lowes. If it fits(yeah, like that's really likely), I should have one sweet/tough case for the GS-1K. Gonna do the same for the PS-1s!

What I'd love would be for Grado to do a custom foam liner to fit a more solid case but that's not gonna happen so I wait....and wait....
tongue.gif

You could always mass email bomb them. Think of yourself as a one man spam unit
rs1smile.gif

Throw in one of you Mr.Boxless rants in and then they would consider the email bombs as the golden age.

Jul 10, 2006 at 12:40 AM Post #7 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoRedwings19
You could always mass email bomb them. Think of yourself as a one man spam unit
rs1smile.gif

Throw in one of you Mr.Boxless rants in and then they would consider the email bombs as the golden age.

I'd hoped to save that as a last resort. The emotional/psychological damage alone is enough to make me hesitate to unleash that on Todd. Of course, he replied to my email and the pizza box should be here in a week or two. He really doesn't know how lucky he is and how close he really came to the fury of "Mr. Boxless"! The board wouldn't have survived!
wink.gif

Sep 26, 2006 at 5:51 AM Post #8 of 11
You know one of these days I have to take mine out and try them. So far they have been sitting in the box Todd mailed them in...

Sep 26, 2006 at 6:27 AM Post #9 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by gpalmer
You know one of these days I have to take mine out and try them. So far they have been sitting in the box Todd mailed them in...

Mine too but only because I still don't have a balanced amp to use with them. Hopefully the SDS-XLR will get here soon.

At least I've taken mine out of the box and put them on one of my coat/headphone racks.

Sep 26, 2006 at 7:54 PM Post #10 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by gpalmer

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus
Mine too but only because I still don't have a balanced amp to use with them. Hopefully the SDS-XLR will get here soon.

At least I've taken mine out of the box and put them on one of my coat/headphone racks.

Gear whore-ders
tongue.gif

Sep 26, 2006 at 9:46 PM Post #11 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by jpelg
Gear whore-ders
tongue.gif

You know it's even worse than you know. I've also had a HeadRoom micro stack sitting around unopened for months right next to those headphones. Of course, they go pretty nicely with the set of HE-90's which are waiting for an amplifier to drive them! D'Oh!!!!
eek.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back