Redshifter.

The problem is:

We don't have fjords.

You have to be in Norway for that.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Sometimes it's nice to start an discusion and keep you guys sharp.

"Isn't it strange that the US, with 4 % of the world population, throws 25 % of the CO2 worldwide in the air"?

Peter.

Oct 10, 2002 at 11:20 PM Post #47 of 52
Originally posted by dougli
Quote:

Originally posted by Outdoor Man
Dougli.

When they stop putting that much money into war industries.
Look how much money you will have to live.
And then you are complainig about a few milions spended on Salmon????????????
Nature is in balans, with the salmon.
Human always disbalance nature.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Outdoor Man, I think humans are a part of nature. Therefore we cannot disbalance nature. This earth is for us and our needs too. But more than that. A human is worth more than a salmon. And the reality of life is that humans will always have industry, and salmon never will. So our priorities should be humans first, then fish, birds, snakes, ants, etc. etc. Certainly it is foolish for humans to mess up their own house, so to speak. It's important for us to do what is sensible to keep from poisoning ourselves right off this planet. But there's no point in turning things upside down to do it, such as taking water (and thus food) away from people so that fish can swim in it for a few weeks. It's a matter of keeping perspective. And by the way, it seems to be a part of nature that species occasionally even die off. It's not the end of the world.

Dougli.

I'm not turning things upside down.

Human is, destroing nature!!

And very rapidly, the last 2 centuries, something that was bild in biljoen of years.

Peter.

Oct 10, 2002 at 11:36 PM Post #49 of 52
the problem is the more trees and plants we destroy, the less CO2 they use up, so the amount is rising...

Yup people, we're witnessing the fifth great extinction (if I recall the number correctly), and for the first time it's being caused by a single species...the most incredibly destructive species our world has ever known. Us. Humans suck!

Oct 10, 2002 at 11:48 PM Post #50 of 52
Why all this self-loathing? Stand up proudly. We are humans, and have nothing to be ashamed about. No species is perfect. We are all individuals. Just because some idiot is cutting down all the trees on his rainforest land for firewood doesn't mean that I personally am at fault. And maybe that person is not an idiot, but just trying to survive like the rest of us. I do what I can to avoid worsening the world I live in, but I'm not going to tippee-toe around as if I didn't belong here. Besides, the past has shown that the future of the earth is probably beyond any one species' control. I doubt whether we humans can by ourselves actually destroy it or save it. Time will tell. We have the potential, of course, but that doesn't mean we have to run around like Chicken Little, crying "The sky is falling.".

Oct 11, 2002 at 6:14 AM Post #51 of 52
Quote:

Originally posted by Outdoor Man
"Isn't it strange that the US, with 4 % of the world population, throws 25 % of the CO2 worldwide in the air"?

Peter.

Where do you get your information? I doubt that this is true.
Besides,...............who cares?

If I remember correctly, God gaves us humans dominion over the earth and it's animals. So we can do what ever we want.
biggrin.gif

I don't think anybody from Amsterdam is in a position to criticize the USA.

Oct 11, 2002 at 11:05 AM Post #52 of 52
I am so sick of Europe, the EU, trying to tell the USA how we're supposed to do things. The only reason they have ANY economy at all is because of the generosity and rebuilding and defense provided with NO STRINGS by the USA.

Now they want to tell US companies how to operate, our government allows them to decide when or if 2 companies can merge. What products we can export, but not allow us to protect our own industries. They encourage their governments to subsidize their industries, such as Airbus and steel, so that they can undercut prices of US manufacturers. They scream and threaten all sorts of dire consequences if our goverment or industries attempt to level the playing field.

It's got to stop. Our government is going to have to stand up to them, hopefully sooner than later. If the United States continues to allow foriegn governments to dictate to us, the USA will end up as a third world country.

Somebody has to realize that the "Global Economy" is actually what others can sell to us under their own terms. They NEED us. We DON'T need them. It's time for TRUE free trade or quota's, tariff's and other field leveling actions by our government.

My$0.04. End of rant

Users who are viewing this thread

Back