To the people who cant compare $60 cans to $100+ ones...
Dec 1, 2008 at 3:52 PM Post #2 of 30
HD215 is better of the lesser devils.

but before you consider sennheiser try and find some Koss KSC-75, They're portable, and clip-ons sound quality is alot better imo. AKG K414P's deserve a special mention.

If they dont have to be closed i would reccomend some Audio-Technica AD300
wink.gif

but yeah HD215's

Dec 1, 2008 at 5:15 PM Post #4 of 30
i've had hd215s. very isolating, kind of harsh high notes, can handle a ton of bass and volume. a little bro to the hd280 sound wise. i had these b4 i knew of burn in and didnt keep them long-they might mellow out.
if extra large cans are ok get a jvc harx700 for 38$. then get the koss ksc75 earclips for 12$. you have a great large set and a great portable set under budget!

Dec 1, 2008 at 5:33 PM Post #5 of 30
Get senn px100s for about $35 on amazon. That or go with grado sr60s. All much better than any of the ones you mentioned.

Dec 1, 2008 at 6:09 PM Post #7 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by ourfpshero /img/forum/go_quote.gif
if extra large cans are ok get a jvc harx700 for 38$. then get the koss ksc75 earclips for 12$. you have a great large set and a great portable set under budget!

Yeah, keep your ears warm and happy (in two ways!) this winter, and pick up a pair of HA-RX700s or HA-RX900s.

I still love mine...
biggrin.gif

Dec 1, 2008 at 6:30 PM Post #10 of 30
We have no idea what you want in a pair of headphones, and you haven't considered any of the options listed here. Buy whichever you feel better about -- it's what you're going to do anyways.

Dec 1, 2008 at 6:37 PM Post #12 of 30
ive considered lot's. People always go out of my price range. I listen to drum and bass and metal. HD202 or HD205. Anyone who owns either can they post about them. Cheers alot.

Dec 1, 2008 at 7:04 PM Post #13 of 30
for what it's worth, I think the expression "Can't be bothered" is one that unnecessarily offends us yanks.

Dec 1, 2008 at 8:02 PM Post #14 of 30
what is it with people on screw**g forums cant anyone just answer a question. There always has to be some smart ass with the slick comments. Wow big news no one cares. Please dont comment if your not gonna answer theres no point!

Dec 1, 2008 at 8:17 PM Post #15 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by SoliloCey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
HD215 is better of the lesser devils.

but before you consider sennheiser try and find some Koss KSC-75, They're portable, and clip-ons sound quality is alot better imo...

but yeah HD215's

Quote:

Originally Posted by ourfpshero /img/forum/go_quote.gif
get the koss ksc75 earclips for 12$.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tintin47 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Get senn px100s for about $35 on amazon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TopPop /img/forum/go_quote.gif
pick up a pair of HA-RX700s or HA-RX900s.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hatebreed /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what is it with people on screw**g forums cant anyone just answer a question.

You seem to have made arbitrary choices so far. The two you've narrowed it down to are the only two not recommended above. Of the ones you seem to prefer, I prefer the HD205, though they are definitely less comfortable. If you're wearing them for a long time, maybe go with the 202s. Any of the above headphones sound better, and fit your price range better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back