To the people who cant compare $60 cans to $100+ ones...
Dec 1, 2008 at 8:25 PM Post #17 of 30

tintin47

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Oct 16, 2008
Posts
2,007
Likes
13
Maybe people get upset because you ask for us to take time and recommend things to you, then you get angry at us for doing what you ask and ignore the 5-6 recommendations that you got. Please just pick your phones and be done here.
 
Dec 1, 2008 at 9:39 PM Post #18 of 30

TopPop

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Jan 28, 2005
Posts
2,935
Likes
103
Location
London, UK
Quote:

Originally Posted by hatebreed /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what is it with people on screw**g forums cant anyone just answer a question. There always has to be some smart ass with the slick comments. Wow big news no one cares. Please dont comment if your not gonna answer theres no point!


What in the world are you talking about?! You've gotten plenty of answers to your question!!

If you don't like them, that's your problem. But don't blame us for your poor attitude.
 
Dec 1, 2008 at 9:48 PM Post #19 of 30

DJGeorgeT

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Mar 5, 2004
Posts
2,835
Likes
22
I understand where hatebreed is coming from. He wants one answer that all of us agree to. And that my friend, is impossible.
 
Dec 1, 2008 at 9:53 PM Post #20 of 30

Eagle_Driver

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Jun 22, 2001
Posts
6,455
Likes
29
Quote:

Originally Posted by DJGeorgeT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I understand where hatebreed is coming from. He wants one answer that all of us agree to. And that my friend, is impossible.



I agree with you that a single answer from everybody is impossible (when it comes to headphone recommendations). This is because headphone sound is a personal thing: What sounds spectacular to one person might sound like a hammered piece of crap to another person.
 
Dec 1, 2008 at 10:50 PM Post #21 of 30

deeplove

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Apr 14, 2008
Posts
165
Likes
10
Quote:

Originally Posted by hatebreed /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what is it with people on screw**g forums cant anyone just answer a question. There always has to be some smart ass with the slick comments. Wow big news no one cares. Please dont comment if your not gonna answer theres no point!


I will agree that some might go over board with their comments or what not, but it does really boil down to what you want. My opinion, look for a audio store, Best Buy or anything that you can get your hands on some cans.

I went to Guitar Center and tried out the Beyers 770 Pro. Tried some Bose at Best Buy. Koss at Circuit City.

Anywhere that they have headphones, go out and try them out.

Everyone has an opinion and Like you, I always wanted a straight forward answer. I don't want anything over $$$ and yet you always get a response that goes beyond your limit.

It will always happen.

What you need to do is try things out yourself. Everyone has a different opinion on sounds and what may sound good to me may not sound good to you. Even if they're expensive or not. Reason why I mentioned those stores is because you may find something you really like and you would spend much less than anything people recommend.

I also read good things about the JVC HARX cans. Cheap and can be bought for less than $50 shipped I believe.

Don't get mad or upset at what people post. Everyone has an opinion. If you don't like their opinion then don't even pay them any attention. Believe me you, it will make your experience much better.
 
Dec 1, 2008 at 10:55 PM Post #22 of 30

Eagle_Driver

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Jun 22, 2001
Posts
6,455
Likes
29
Quote:

Originally Posted by deeplove /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I will agree that some might go over board with their comments or what not, but it does really boil down to what you want. My opinion, look for a audio store, Best Buy or anything that you can get your hands on some cans.

I went to Guitar Center and tried out the Beyers 770 Pro. Tried some Bose at Best Buy. Koss at Circuit City.

Anywhere that they have headphones, go out and try them out.

Everyone has an opinion and Like you, I always wanted a straight forward answer. I don't want anything over $$$ and yet you always get a response that goes beyond your limit.

It will always happen.

What you need to do is try things out yourself. Everyone has a different opinion on sounds and what may sound good to me may not sound good to you. Even if they're expensive or not. Reason why I mentioned those stores is because you may find something you really like and you would spend much less than anything people recommend.

I also read good things about the JVC HARX cans. Cheap and can be bought for less than $50 shipped I believe.

Don't get mad or upset at what people post. Everyone has an opinion. If you don't like their opinion then don't even pay them any attention. Believe me you, it will make your experience much better.



This is no longer quite true at Best Buy or Circuit City. Circuit City (at least those stores in my area) doesn't allow me to demo any headphones other than the Bose models connected to the Bose display. Best Buy, in addition to the Bose display, allows me to demo the Beats by Dr. Dre headphones connected to its own display unit as well as the Bose AE's connected to the MP3 players they sell. But neither place will allow me to demo any other headphones at all - and neither place has any demo headphones of other brands (all of the headphones that they sell except for the Shure IEMs are now packaged in plastic packaging which must be physically cut open just to get at the headphones, rendering the items unreturnable - and neither place allows any returns of any in-ear 'phones due to health concerns - in other words, they will not accept returns on any item that they cannot resell).
 
Dec 1, 2008 at 11:01 PM Post #23 of 30

deeplove

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Apr 14, 2008
Posts
165
Likes
10
Scratch that out then.

atsmile.gif
 
Dec 1, 2008 at 11:39 PM Post #24 of 30

Eagle_Driver

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Jun 22, 2001
Posts
6,455
Likes
29
Quote:

Originally Posted by deeplove /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Scratch that out then.


I have also noticed that the selection of conventional headphones with over-the-head headbands at both chains have dwindled substantially. Best Buy, for example, in addition to the aforementioned Bose and Monster Beats headphones, currently carries only the Sony MDR-V150, the Sony MDR-NC40, the Sony MDR-222KD/BLK, the Sennheiser eH 150 and the Sennheiser HD 205 headphones (not including wireless and Bluetooth headphones). Most of the other 'phones carried at Best Buy are earbuds and in-ears.
 
Dec 2, 2008 at 4:44 AM Post #27 of 30

malldian

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Sep 25, 2006
Posts
2,187
Likes
11
Is there something wrong with the recommendations you have already gotten? You will be better served by either using the ones mentioned because in the price range they simply are the best or by giving us more information to work with.

For example, another question would be whats drawing you to the ones you have picked out? If you can identify that maybe we could help you towards a better option.

What kind of music do you listen to and do you prefer one style over another? All these are simple questions that can narrow down your search.

Last bit of advice for now, if you find a pair of Denon 1001s for around 60, buy them for sure.
 
Dec 2, 2008 at 5:03 AM Post #28 of 30

Sherwood

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Mar 12, 2007
Posts
4,031
Likes
104
Location
Chisinau, Moldova
Gawd. You don't want opinions, you want someone to verify what you think. Two JVC phones have been recommended already, and you want to cheap out with the lower two models.

If you wanna spend $20, spend $20. There are no miracles in the world of headphones outside of what's already been recommended.

I'm gonna say L3000.
 
Dec 2, 2008 at 6:37 AM Post #29 of 30

LostOne.TR

1000+ Head-Fier
Joined
Jun 9, 2006
Posts
1,207
Likes
10
Quote:

Originally Posted by hatebreed /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How are hd205s, hd215s and 202s. I cant spend anymore than 60 so please dont reccommend any over that price. Thanks alot.


Quote:

Originally Posted by SoliloCey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
HD215 is better of the lesser devils.

but before you consider sennheiser try and find some Koss KSC-75, They're portable, and clip-ons sound quality is alot better imo. AKG K414P's deserve a special mention.

If they dont have to be closed i would reccomend some Audio-Technica AD300
wink.gif


but yeah HD215's



Quote:

Originally Posted by ourfpshero /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i've had hd215s. very isolating, kind of harsh high notes, can handle a ton of bass and volume. a little bro to the hd280 sound wise. i had these b4 i knew of burn in and didnt keep them long-they might mellow out.
if extra large cans are ok get a jvc harx700 for 38$. then get the koss ksc75 earclips for 12$. you have a great large set and a great portable set under budget!



Quote:

Originally Posted by hatebreed /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ok cheers for the responses. I've found cheap sets of hd202s and hd205s. Last question because i can't be bothered researching any longer, which of these 2 should i get?


Quote:

Originally Posted by hatebreed /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ive considered lot's. People always go out of my price range. I listen to drum and bass and metal. HD202 or HD205. Anyone who owns either can they post about them. Cheers alot.


I saw several recommendations that did not go past $60. Having tried a few of the senns from the hd2xx line and hd4xx line, I really only liked the hd497s (discontinued now). There are several from the hd2xx and hd4xx line that I outright will not spend my money on, because I feel they aren't worth it, and the cost simply lies in the sennheiser 'name' but not sound. I also agree that the money might be better spent elsewhere. Is it because you're not in the US and prices are different, that you say people always go out of your price range? Otherwise, how so.

I don't see sherwood's post as coming off as a smart ass, whereas your posts clearly come across that way to me. Sherwood was honestly trying to offer some help. I don't get why you seem so hostile, but then maybe the name hatebreed already has something to do with it.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top