To the most experienced users familiar with bluetooth Headphones, strange noises, APTX and possible incompatibilities.
Nov 13, 2014 at 5:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Giogio

Bluetooth Guru
Hello everybody,

I am new and I see that the Mod asks to post here, so here I am, although I also see that the users who post elsewhere get more answers.
But let's respect the Mods :)

I am having a problem with my Jabra Revo Wireless, a noise, like an old dirty Vinyl crackling now and then, irregularly.
With cable there is no noise. Only with bluetooth.
I tried them with my phone (Xperia Z1 Compact) and also with an Azio BTD-V401 dongle on my notebook. Same result: noise.
Phone and Dongle are APTX, Revo is not.
My Fugoo Bluetooth speaker (Aptx) shows no similar noise while paired to the same phone.

So, you most experienced users, is this a general problem of incompatibility between Aptx player and non Aptx Headphone?
Is it a design problem of the Revo?
Or are just my pair of headphones defected?

And, coming to the typical question of this Help Forum: which other Headphones can you recommend?
Price is not so important. Dimensions, portability and sound are important.
I need something portable, small, foldable, light. Ad definitely good sounding!
Something where the sound seem to come at different distances around me, instruments clearly separated.
Crispy detailed highs, warm mids, and bodied punchy basses.
Clean, "open", clear, deep, balanced, warm, vibrant, present and punchy.

Bluetooth is a must, unfortunately.

I had tried the Sennheiser M400X. They have Aptx and the sound is clean and open and quite balanced, although without this depth of instrument in the space.
I would have kept them but they sound too cold and sterile, unemotional. They are not vibrant at all, have no warmth and no punch, not even tweaking the EQ.

The Revo are a bit bigger but still portable enough and nice. The sound is warmer and has more punch, but it is a bit dull, not clean or open at all. And zero depth.
But with some EQ and a sort of Reverb they improved. So I kept them because I was not able to find any other bluetooth headphone which was enough portable.

Lately I have read good things of the Bose Soundlink On Ear, but also a couple of comments about a little interference noise or ground noise.

I had excluded the sony MDR-10RBT for being a bit too big.
Now I am reconsidering them again for lack of others which may be good and portable enough.

Do you know any?

Thanks a lot!

Nov 15, 2014 at 3:39 PM Post #2 of 3
Bump.

I must say, I wish to respect the Moderators, but if I see how the Thread "High End Bluetooth Headphones" was completely ignored in this Help Forum and became on the other hand immediately a huge Thread elsewhere, and my thread here is again also totally ignored, I would say that if Moderators want people to post HERE; then they should take care of this "here".

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back