To sell or not to sell....
Jan 2, 2011 at 2:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

spydur

100+ Head-Fier
So i am currently rocking Klipsch s4i's. Mind you I had a pair of UE SF5 pro's before. Main reason I left the UE's was they are huge and uncomfortable over time. I got in on the deal for the Turbines and am now wondering if i should sell them or replace my currently S4I's? In your opinions would i see an improvement in my SQ? I mainly listen to Rock, Hard Rock, alternative rock, a little hip-hop, lots of electronica like dubstep and D & B...   Thoughts???

i also have comply tips for both IEM's...

Jan 2, 2011 at 4:30 AM Post #2 of 9
I don't know about the Turbines, but i personally found the S4s to have pretty overpowering bass that mad the music sound sort of boomy... It depends on your preferences though I guess...

Jan 2, 2011 at 6:51 AM Post #3 of 9
anyone with some experience with these?

Jan 2, 2011 at 4:42 PM Post #4 of 9
anyone out there?

Jan 2, 2011 at 9:57 PM Post #5 of 9
sorry I can't leave you hanging. But if you do your research you'll notice that A LOT of people would pick the Monster Turbines over the S4s any day. I personally would pick it any day. Between the SF5 MT and S4s I would pick SF5s and than MT and than S4s with the Super.fi 5s being my top pick. So don't sell and stay with the MTs. They should sound better. Atleast they do to me.

As far as sound quality goes, both S4s and MTs aren't the best. For one the monster turbines overwhelm with bass so when listening to classical its a problem. No problems with Hip-Hop and simple Punk Rock music. Everything mainly sounds meshed together. The S4s kinda does the same thing. The lower end is really nice. The transition states from different frequency ranges is of course nice for both. Sound stage is better on the Turbines. Highs on the S4s are tinny and undesirable as opposed to the MT where the highs are decent to my liking. I tend to stay away from comply tips for the turbines. They make the lows sound.... blurred? lol I think muddy is the more appropiate term. The S4s, I don't know since I don't have comply tips. Just a personal thought.

Jan 3, 2011 at 12:59 AM Post #6 of 9
Thanks, been staring at this box for a few days crossed on opening it or not. 

Jan 3, 2011 at 10:54 AM Post #8 of 9

Quote:
The monsters are probably better. They have better looks, more isolation, better bass than the S4 and is just better than the S4 generally.

At almost twice the price point...........they should be better in all categories.  The S4s are great for the price IMHO.

Jan 3, 2011 at 8:05 PM Post #9 of 9
Took the plunge and opened the turbines.. i didn't even listen to them right away.. i plugged them into my Fun on low gain and let them play for like 10 hours.. So far i like what i am hearing.. the bass is rich and not overpowering (S4's were missing this)... had an issue with the seal though. The bulbs are ll but garbage for me as they sound like crap. ended up going between the short flange and the black comply's i have. I went with the comply's though, they were more comfortable as i really had to jam the flange into my ear to get a seal. So far so good.. as for price.. i had paid 100 for the s4i's when they came out and only 65 for the turbines...  so price was not a deciding factor on performance..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back