To search or not to search....
Apr 24, 2007 at 6:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 49

Postal_Blue

500+ Head-Fier
Please for the love of God, use the seach function. It works quite well.

untitled.jpg

It's like this, I do a lot of reasearch online. It is a pursuite that, like all worth doing, requires some small measure of effort. I think it shows a complete lack of respect for the cummunity to ask the same questions over and over again. Especially when the question is already answered in threads ON THE FRONT PAGE. Not to mention the questions that are answered in full through better (no offense) resources. Example "what comes with hp X and where can I by it".

Apr 24, 2007 at 7:05 PM Post #5 of 49
Not that again.
redface.gif

I suggest use the scroll button to bypass all the repetitive thread, you don't want to answer. It work quite well

Those who are nice and want to help newbie will answer them for you.

It's not that easy to get efficient search result if you don't know what your looking for.
Searching with the correct keyword can be easy but not when you don't know where to start. You have to comb through a lot of irrelevant info and also miss a lot of relevant info because you didn't have the good keyword.

Searching you need keyword and know what to look for. Not that easy if you don't know anything about headphones.

Even if you have a very specific headphones in mind you might wonder if there is not any new info since. Or changing opinion.

Apr 24, 2007 at 7:25 PM Post #8 of 49
Guess this thread should really come under the heading of "pet Peeves" ......and I certainly agree about lack of forum-search-function use.

Now, I'm going to risk my neck my mentioning a few others:

Threads headed, basically, I've Got A Question - IOW the heading providing no clue as to the topic.

A definite upsurge of threads posted into sections eg. Headphones - that are about something else entirely outside the scope of the section.

People creating posts in F.S. pages that only say their item was SOLD - thereby bumping downward the current For Sale items of other members.

WTB ads on F.S. pages that are for low-priced commonly available stuff. - again, thereby kicking downwards F.S. items already up on the board.

Apr 24, 2007 at 7:26 PM Post #9 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by Morph201 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What does IC mean?

bwahahahaha...that got me!

On topic: Seriously, why is it so hard to search? I did it for a long time before joining (when it was still open to guests)

Apr 24, 2007 at 7:34 PM Post #14 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by Comfy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This has already been discussed. Use the search button.
rolleyes.gif

That this has been discussed has already been discussed. Please use the search button.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back