To Ricky: Do CD players all sound the same?
Jun 27, 2002 at 4:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Audio-Me

Headphoneus Supremus
Afterall, bits is bits, wire is wire, electricity is electricity right? When upgrading, do you recommend to get the one with biggest brand with the most features? And it has to look pretty right?

Jun 27, 2002 at 4:40 PM Post #2 of 12
uh, this is worth a post? and shouldn't it be "bits ARE bits?" maybe it's just me...
it goes without saying that the biggest brand names are the best, how else would they have become the biggest names? More features certainly means cooler... and you can certainly spot a quality product based on looks, it means the designers really spent some time on the product.

Driftwood

Jun 27, 2002 at 4:47 PM Post #3 of 12
Audio & Me, this is not a question, it is a provocation. Isn't it enough with the two cable threads? These never seem to end because both sides want the last word.

Jun 27, 2002 at 4:48 PM Post #4 of 12
Oh and where can I find graphs and other cool measurements to tell me which stuff sounds the best? I want to see how my gear stacks up against the rest. Since I can't audition, and same measurements = same sound, I could get justifyable conclusions with that info.

Driftwood, you grammar don't matter dude, people with intellegence any of sign can figure means what out.

Anders, in my understanding a question mark indicates a question. Or am I an unedumacated tool? I do not know what cable threads you are referring to, I just asked an honest question and I'd like to be answered.

Jun 27, 2002 at 4:51 PM Post #5 of 12
How can ones and zeros be anything more than ones and zeros? It makes no sense at all. When built within certain tolerances, all CD players sound identical. Placebo! Placebo, I tell you! Show me numbers, show me reports, show me charts and graphs; I cannot trust myself.

NGF

Jun 27, 2002 at 4:57 PM Post #6 of 12
It was originally a provocation but it is now going in the direction of rediculing and scapegoating. I dislike such things, whatever one thinks about Ricky's opinions.

Jun 27, 2002 at 5:00 PM Post #7 of 12
The only thing I provoke is a friendly discussion, how is that ridicule or scapegoating? Seems like you are judgemental of me. BTW, what does a question about cd players have to do with cables?

Jun 27, 2002 at 5:08 PM Post #9 of 12
Mr. tan, I cannot tell a difference between my portable Sony CD player or my Philips Boombox or that super dooper SCD-1 I heard at a high end audio store, they all sound the same to me. I think everybody is wasting their monies on crap like this when digital data is all the same. They should spend their wealth on maintenance of their CDs, not the stuff that actually plays it.

Anders I dislike many peoples behavior, but nobody really cares, and there's nothing I can do about people doing stuff I disagree with. Aparently though other people who disagree with me, such as yourself I think feel that you can intervene what I do.

Jun 27, 2002 at 5:14 PM Post #10 of 12
Quote:

Originally posted by Driftwood
... and you can certainly spot a quality product based on looks, it means the designers really spent some time on the product.

That's what my parents always have told me!! And look at all that wonderfull Bang & Olufsen equipment in the living room...

Oh, and, by the way, I was being sarcastic..
redface.gif

Jun 27, 2002 at 5:52 PM Post #12 of 12
I'm closing this thread because, in my opinion, it's nothing but bait. There are plenty of relevant discussions about this topic to provide the context for Ricky or anyone else to provide their opinions on the matter. This one, however, is pretty much just bait.

-- Jude --

Users who are viewing this thread

Back