To Klipsch Custom 3 Reshell Owners
Oct 1, 2011 at 1:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

alphaphoenix

Banned by order of heir wallet and significant other.
I know getting your universal earphones reshelled is a craps shoot when it comes to sound preservation, fit, and overall workmanship. Why we choose one company over the other usually involves price and reputation as we know the price for reshell service can be as much as half difference.

Money aside, for those who has experienced reshell servicing for their Klipsch Custom 3, what company did you use and would you use them again? Also, please don't use this thread as a flame to the company. All I'm asking is short and sweet responses to make my decision.

Thanks.

Oct 1, 2011 at 1:55 PM Post #2 of 7
I had mine reshelled by InEarz (Fisher Hearing) and they turned out great. I also had them do a TF10 reshell. I use both of these much more than I did before reshell.

Oct 1, 2011 at 7:35 PM Post #4 of 7
Yes,the Custom 3 reshell was perfect the first time.. The TF10 took two tries and one cable was put on backwards, so it had polarity problems leading to muddy sound. Switching the cable around cleaned it up.

Oct 1, 2011 at 11:14 PM Post #5 of 7
So would you say that the sound signature was preserved? In retrospect, I've already had a set of C3 reshelled, but when I received them, I was fortunate to had a stock C3 to compare the reshell to it and it wasn't even close. It was as if only the bass driver was working or the mid/high driver wasn't part of the crossover chain. When I got it back it was closer to the stock C3 sound, but the process of opening up the shells the second time was very evident and ugly.

Anyhow, are there any other owners who got the C3 reshelled from UM or 1964 ears?

Oct 1, 2011 at 11:49 PM Post #6 of 7
I think someone did get C3s reshelled from UM and 1964 EARS, and both were pleased with it, but I forget their names. I think Rip got his reshelled from one of those two companies, but check with him. Rip n Burn. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back