to FLAC or not to FLAC?
Mar 27, 2004 at 1:16 AM Post #16 of 37
Quote:

Originally posted by BO(V)BZ
If you have the space, you can use foobar2000 to do that without any trouble. Just set it up, and let it run all night while you sleep.

On the topic of scratched CD's, I've been ripping my brother's stuff, which he doesn't care for at all. Using EAC, I've seen a couple CD's take more than 9 hours!

Yeah, EAC does a great job, but it's no miracle worker. Pops and skips are inevitable. But at least they're bearable if you can't get a more pristine copy.

-Ed

Mar 27, 2004 at 2:41 AM Post #17 of 37
Well it is debatable if pops are bearable..
wink.gif
I hate them. *Why did Massive Attack go do that on Mezzanine on purpose? Oh why?*
rolleyes.gif
It is really a miracle that (universally?) all library cds are so scratched..
mad.gif
Maybe the media should be cased like MD. Though, that would be big.

Cd paranoia has of course several GUI programs: grip and X-CD-Roast (this also has a MacOS X 10.3 version).

*BTW using dd with bs=1 to make an image is slow.. I know..*

Mar 27, 2004 at 4:16 AM Post #19 of 37
Quote:

Originally posted by davvy
I would suggest being very discrete when copying CDs onto your laptop in any public library. Never know when some anal librarian might take exception to it (and in my experience there are plenty of ANAL librarians)

Check out this link: http://www.nzherald.co.nz/entertainm...ection=general

Uh, you can actually check them out and take them home........

-Ed

Mar 27, 2004 at 5:14 AM Post #20 of 37
I've had a Zeppelin album that ran for about 4 hours, and there's still 2 pops in it, even with running Glitch Removal. Not perfect, I know. But yes, better than nothing.

Ah yes, before some more, um, loving and caring members point this out, this IS in violation of the DMCA. If you care. But as such, this may not be the best discussion for Head-Fi's sake.

(-:Stephonovich:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back