To buy Klipsch image s4i or not ?
Jun 25, 2012 at 6:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

logan369

New Head-Fier
Hello, I am wondering if anybody out there could guide me on wether to invest on the klipsch image s4i. They seem a bit fragile especially the jack. I have owned the S4's and I used to love them. They are no more now. It got water in them somehow.
Anyways could anyone tell me an IEM in the similar price range with better or similar Audio quality ?

Jun 28, 2012 at 8:39 AM Post #4 of 13
Should be reliable enough. I know my friend had a pair for a year, he sold it to another friend of mine who has had them for another year. They're still working fine right now. Monster turbines are undoubtedly better though.

Jun 29, 2012 at 7:18 AM Post #9 of 13
Quote:
My bad, sorry.  I've only just discovered the Monster range so wasn't aware of all the models.

No problem friend, mainly I didn't want you purchasing the golds thinking I meant spend much more.

There's Monster Turbine Pro Gold / Pro Copper /  Regular Turbine. Just stay away from the Dr Dre line, such as beats Tours they're a little...over priced for their sound quality. Turbines are a really good IEM for their going price now, you get good bang for your money, plus over vamped packaging. I use IEM's in the $150 - $250 range and still use Turbines at the computer. I think you'll find more resolution and clarity with them over S4's while still retaining that friendly consumer signature S4's well known for. 

Goodluck! 

Jun 29, 2012 at 4:48 PM Post #11 of 13
I bought the S4i as a temporary placeholder until I get my Yamaha EPH-100, and they sound really good! Huge improvement over the Monster Beats Tour.

I got them used for $35 and the cable seems pretty thin... if you get it (again), be sure to be very careful handling it.

Feb 17, 2013 at 7:20 AM Post #12 of 13
Bumping this as I'm indeed finding the S4t to be pretty fragile or "buggy", or whatever you want to call it. I really like them overall, great sound, great isolation with the biflange...but I'm on my second pair in a month that has an odd "volume loss" problem in the right ear. The first time it happened out of the blue after a couple of days, but the second time I'd been using them regularly and one day I noticed a slight "popping" in the right ear when walking, then the next day, volume loss.

So i guess it's not the cable but something wrong with one of the drivers (i think there are two inside). I took a peek with a light and magnifying glass but I can't see anything stuck inside.

Anyone else had that problem ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back