To anyone who has a iRiver H10
Jul 14, 2005 at 2:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

jgarcia408

New Head-Fier
Im really looking into getting one. Money is extremely tight so when it comes to spending this amount of money I always do as much research as possible. The only store that has iRiver products locally is best buy. I went there to look at the H10 and to my surprise the 20gb and 6gb models differ in size by a pretty big difference. Ive been looking around and cant find a answer to a question I have. Is there any difference between the different models besides the hard drive and physical size? Do they have the same interface and sound quality? I was not able to check at best buy because for some reason the 6gb model would not turn on. I really like the smaller unit, but its only $20 cheaper, and im wondering if I would be better off just spending the extra $20 and getting the 20gb unit even though it is a little bigger. The only time I will really be using it is when Im running, and the smaller size might be better for that reason because it wont be so intrusive, but then again, the 20gb unit is not exactly huge. But anyways, back to my questions, can anyone tell me if they are the same or if there is any benefit to getting one over the other? I would really appreciate any information that could be given.

Jul 14, 2005 at 2:47 AM Post #2 of 6
I've not heard the 6gb or the older 5gb models, but I think that the sonics from my 20gb are quite nice, thanks. I'd be surprised if there's any difference at all. If it were me, I'd spend the extra $20 and get the 20gb.

Jul 14, 2005 at 5:39 AM Post #3 of 6
Well from what I have been reading the 5gig, 6gig and 20gig models are exactly the same except for size. If you are leaning towards a 20gig model I would recommend the h320 over the h10 because they are basically the same size and the h320 has tons more features. But as you stated if you are going to be running with it stay clear from hdd base players. I think the 6gig would be alright however it is still has a micro hdd so your best bet is to get a flash player if you are going listening mostly while running. Have a look at the ifp700/800 series they are quite cheap if budget is a concern. There is also the new T10 coming out soon which looks pretty nice but I reckon it will be expensive.

Jul 14, 2005 at 6:33 AM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by jgarcia408
Why do you say stay clear of the hard drive based mp3 players when running? I didnt realize there would be a problem.

Because hard drives have moving parts and are prone to skipping during vibration, etc; while flash memory has no moving parts so it won't skip and its more durable.

Jul 14, 2005 at 6:38 AM Post #6 of 6
Ahh, thats right. Well, you may have just saved me over $100. Thanks. I totally forgot about that. Looks like the H10 is not going to be the right one for me. Im probably going to go with the 800 series. I like the design. Thanks for the information. I really appreciate it. I will probably be back to these forums cause theres tons of useful information here. Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back