Tired of the 'Pod
Mar 23, 2006 at 5:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

NaOH

100+ Head-Fier
Thinking about picking up a new DAP to replace my aging Gen4 iPod.

Priorities for me are:

1. SQ
2. Line-out
3. Easy nav

I'm no idiot, but after using the iPod for so long, I'm going to need an easy transition. xD

Also, almost what irks me most about the 'Pod is how ****ing scratch-prone the MFer is. Thus, I'd like something that's fairly scratch-resistant. Brushed metal, matte plastic, SOMETHING. I don't want to have to put much of a case on anything (I can only ever find rubber cases, and they attract all sorts of crap).

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Mar 23, 2006 at 6:32 AM Post #2 of 6
If you're tired of the ipod go to anything Conio or Iriver. Namely the X5_/L for HDD and 120/140 series for iriver.

Mar 23, 2006 at 6:34 AM Post #3 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Duke_Of_Eli
If you're tired of the ipod go to anything Conio or Iriver. Namely the X5_/L for HDD and 120/140 series for iriver.

What's the SQ like? Lineout on either? HDD size (Need a 40 or bigger).

Mar 23, 2006 at 7:48 AM Post #4 of 6
On a sidenote, how BIG is the Radio Remote? I am going to be picking up a video iPod soon, and I'm wondering if I should include this in my order... is the wheel part the same size as the shuffle's wheel?

Any links to a review? I've yet to find a site totally dedicated to iPod stuff reviews.

Mar 23, 2006 at 8:34 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by OlivePink
On a sidenote, how BIG is the Radio Remote?

Its a tiny little thing, I can't measure it right now, but if its bigger than 3cm by 2cm, i'd be surprised...

...The biggest concern is with the cable which - unless you have ear/headphones designed for use with a remote (i.e. with a shorter cable than normal) can lead to a pile of spaghetti in your jacket pocket.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back