Tips to improve HD650 comfort
Jul 29, 2008 at 1:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Andrew Jones

100+ Head-Fier
I have a new pair of HD650s and (possibly because I have a big head!) find the clamping force a bit too much. Any suggestions on how I can make them more comfortable? Or is it just a case of wearing them until they relax a bit? I'm loathe to bend them far enough to alter the metal band as I'm worried that would damage the headband - or is it OK to do that?

Jul 29, 2008 at 3:04 PM Post #4 of 7
You can unbend metal pieces that go into plastic part of the headband. Do not apply to much force on the plastic part, it will snap in half.
eek.gif

Jul 29, 2008 at 3:20 PM Post #5 of 7
Yeah, they are really tight at first, but you can try what I did...just extend them all the way out, and place them over something bigger than your head for a day or two, try the fit, and keep doing this until they feel more comfy. I stretched mine over a big glass brick that was about 12" wide, but books or whatev will work.

Jul 29, 2008 at 5:23 PM Post #7 of 7
The HD650 is definitely super-comfy. I think you just need to give it some time on your head.

Even my eH-150, which features the same death-clamp as the HD202, improved a ton after a little bit of time. Though I don't use the eH much anymore, I could wear it for hours if I wanted to. Back when I got it, I'd have to take breaks and massage my ears every 15 minutes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back